Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving & BYU Cougars!

This year we were with my family, and we ended up going to Ogden to my grandparent's and spending it with some of my extended family. My parents and Tanner came down from Boise... which really worked out for us so we didn't have to drive to Boise!

I didn't get any pictures of the dinner, but my contribution was sweet potato casserole (which apparently didn't warrant a picture... cause I don't have one...) and a dessert. I decided to be creative and make something I'd never made before: a trifle.



I didn't follow a recipe, I just made it up, (brownies, white cake mix, cool whip, banana cream pudding, and oreos!) and it turned out pretty good! Although it was better the next day when we weren't full of turkey, Neil's homemade stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, fruit salad, my mom's pumpkin and granola pies, and my gram's apple pie.......



Mom and her sister Kathy


We also enjoyed playing games... which we always do when with my mom's family... (my dad's too come to think of it...)

Playing Golf...


Friday playing Nerts/Peanuts before my cousins came over...


Playing Greed...


I love this picture of Kathy showing the suspense of her roll...


And Jeff's face... I'm not sure what he's doing here...


We came home Saturday morning so we could go to the BYU vs. Utah big rivalry game!


Every year BYU and Utah compete in the "Deseret Duel," which is basically a competition between the schools in every sport, which are tallied up and whoever wins the most games throughout the season wins. As of football game day, we were 6-6 with Utah. This was the deciding game!


This was our view as the team came running out of the locker room wearing the old-school blue! It was surprise for the seniors from their coach Bronco Mendenhall right before the game, and it was in honor of the seniors and this season being the 25 year anniversary of BYU's National Championship. I really liked the old-school blue!


It was a very exciting and adrenaline inducing game... we went into overtime with the scoreboard reading 20-20, Utah got possesion first and scored a field goal. BYU got possession next, and on the 3rd down Andrew George scored a touchdown!!! It was so exciting to be there, and instantly see the team run out and the crowd just pour over the edge of the bleachers and across the field like ants, before they could even think about kicking the extra point! We instantly took off down the bleachers, climbed the railing, accidentally threw my heavy jean blanket on some guy's head, and ran across the field celebrating! It was awesome.






This is a quick video taken on Jeff's phone, but it captures the excitement pretty well!


Happy Thanksgiving... and GO COUGARS!

6 comments:

mandy said...

that trifle looks sooooo good!

Tom and B said...

I agree, if there's any leftovers from that sucker send it over to me :) The game looked so fun! I'm jealous!!

Ana Lee said...

How FUN! We were supposed to come back for the game but I was so homesick Kory was sweet enough to let us stay in Boise one more day. I never thought of making trifle with cake, banana pudding and oreos! I always use fruit, looks yummy!

Jessie said...

You lucky duck! We were dying to see the game, but don't get it out East. However, we were keeping track of the score. Awesome you were there!!! Looks like a great Thanksgiving too. Good job on the dessert.

Cuties on Top said...

Awesome! What a fun weekend! It was so fun to play games with you guys!

Danielle and Trenton said...

Your background is so cute, and I love the pictures at the top!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...