Ever since I started playing at the age of 5, soccer has been my favorite sport to play. I've loved having the opportunity to continue playing throughout my college career thanks to the intramural program. (I've also played flag football, and we were intramural champs once! But soccer is my love...)
After I graduated, (as well as half the girls I used to play with,) I had a hard time finding teams to play on and didn't play for a few semesters. This past fall thanks to Jessica and MaShay I had a team to play on! We had a blast! And did pretty good for having a team of completely random girls that we found through friends of friends or randomly on facebook... We even did well enough that we got moved up a division for the tournament!

This past week our team lost our game though, so the season is officially over, but we had a blast! I sure hope my dumb knee is better and ready to go by next season!
*****
Jeff is also playing on an intramural soccer team. Half the fun of both of us being on intramural soccer teams is the group of friends we get to hang out with; there are 3 other girls on my team with husbands who are also on Jeff's team! Jessica and Cody, MaShay and Jason, and then Heather and Alan, Heather who MaShay recruited from the the sidelines of the guys' games! Plus Rick is on the team so we get to chat with his girlfriend Marnae as well. We've had a blast, and would make a great start to a co-ed team next semester!
(Let's hang out more than on the field/sidelines, shall we guys?)
The guys' team hasn't lost a game this season, and they've won by at least two points every game! They really have the potential to go all the way and be intramural champs!
Jeff is also on an indoor team, with Cody, Rick, and his friend Dylan. Dylan and his wife Ali live behind us in our house, and we all live in Provo, so we all usually carpool. Jessica, Ali, Marnae, and I have a blast at those games too!
*****
And now, because:
I'm excited it's clementine season
my clementine has a soccer "Cuties Score!" sticker on it
oranges are the classic soccer half-time food
I'm eating it while making a soccer post
and because I have no idea why the mousepad background is grey when my mousepad is in a fact a very bright blue...
I'm posting a picture. :)

Wahoo soccer!
After I graduated, (as well as half the girls I used to play with,) I had a hard time finding teams to play on and didn't play for a few semesters. This past fall thanks to Jessica and MaShay I had a team to play on! We had a blast! And did pretty good for having a team of completely random girls that we found through friends of friends or randomly on facebook... We even did well enough that we got moved up a division for the tournament!

This past week our team lost our game though, so the season is officially over, but we had a blast! I sure hope my dumb knee is better and ready to go by next season!
*****
Jeff is also playing on an intramural soccer team. Half the fun of both of us being on intramural soccer teams is the group of friends we get to hang out with; there are 3 other girls on my team with husbands who are also on Jeff's team! Jessica and Cody, MaShay and Jason, and then Heather and Alan, Heather who MaShay recruited from the the sidelines of the guys' games! Plus Rick is on the team so we get to chat with his girlfriend Marnae as well. We've had a blast, and would make a great start to a co-ed team next semester!
(Let's hang out more than on the field/sidelines, shall we guys?)
The guys' team hasn't lost a game this season, and they've won by at least two points every game! They really have the potential to go all the way and be intramural champs!
Jeff is also on an indoor team, with Cody, Rick, and his friend Dylan. Dylan and his wife Ali live behind us in our house, and we all live in Provo, so we all usually carpool. Jessica, Ali, Marnae, and I have a blast at those games too!
*****
And now, because:
I'm excited it's clementine season
my clementine has a soccer "Cuties Score!" sticker on it
oranges are the classic soccer half-time food
I'm eating it while making a soccer post
and because I have no idea why the mousepad background is grey when my mousepad is in a fact a very bright blue...
I'm posting a picture. :)
Wahoo soccer!




3 comments:
aren't intramurals fun? I played on a volleyball one this past semester, it was a blast! It's fun to get competitive and replay the sports we love!
I'm so jealous, I miss intramural sports so bad. We got some clementines this week too and we've been munching down on them pretty quick. Love ya girl!
Sounds like fun! I love clementines!
Post a Comment