Well, Jeff's team didn't win the intramural championship. But they came in second! And they played an amazing second game.
The championship was last night. Because it was double elimination, the team they played (Papa Smurfs) had to beat them twice to win. The first game didn't go so great for us.
Papa Smurfs were a hard team to lose to as well. To put it nicely, a few of them are still living in high school, have dirty mouths, overreact, complain, fake every fall, and really need to work on their sportsmanship and class. I still get worked up if I think about it...
Despite that, Smash Club played an awesome second game, and barely lost to a golden goal in overtime. It was way intense!
And since Jeff is my husband, I get to brag about him. He scored the teams only 2 goals in the first game, and played amazingly in both. I was so proud of him!
Once Jeff's team made it to the top 4 with an undefeated record, we decided to make team shirts for the guys and wives. A bunch of us got together at Jason & MaShay's for FHE to make them. We had a lot of fun! And we definitely looked more like a team.
Jeff and I made some great friends on the team this semester and had a blast!
Go Smash Club!
A week or two ago Jeff got elbowed in the eye by this same Papa Smurfs team (the first out of three times they had to play them.) It swelled up pretty good, turned blue, purple, and then yellow. He still has some of it. (Secretly I think he was kinda proud of his battle mark, even though he wouldn't admit it...) ;) Check it out!
A week or two ago Jeff got elbowed in the eye by this same Papa Smurfs team (the first out of three times they had to play them.) It swelled up pretty good, turned blue, purple, and then yellow. He still has some of it. (Secretly I think he was kinda proud of his battle mark, even though he wouldn't admit it...) ;) Check it out!

































1 comment:
I'm lovin' the shirts! You two look like you're way busy but having too much fun to notice. :)
Post a Comment