For those of you who remember last year, we survived the cold winter off of 3 space heaters. The previous tenants told us that they never used the furnace, that they didn't know if it worked, and to their knowledge the people before them didn't use it either. When I called Questar to see if the gas was on, it was still in our landlord's name, which told me it'd been a long time since a tenant used it.
This year we decided that we'd give it a shot, and see if it was worth using.
And guess what, our apartment is warm!!!
Well, our kitchen is.
The furnace is in kitchen, against the wall between the kitchen and living room. It has a vent blowing straight out into both rooms, though for some reason it is much stronger in the kitchen.
And this is our thermostat:
It definitely isn't the greatest at regulating... (Setting it at 70 means 85 in the kitchen and 60 in the living room when it's running...) But we definitely aren't complaining!
Especially when this is our weekly forcast:
and on that note...
We have gotten a ton of snow in a matter of 2 days! I love it, it just makes the holiday spirit that much stronger!
Speaking of holiday spirit, we got our tree up last week and I put lights around the windows. I love the way it looks in the dark!
I also made a centerpiece out of our trifle bowl...
Happy Holidays!!



















3 comments:
You are so creative! I love it! Your apartment looks adorable!
Yeah, warmth! :) I set our thermostat in the living room up higher. I can feel the change in temp when I go up and down the stairs. So great. Beautiful tree too! I like your pretty gold balls.
I wish we could get just one snow storm like that. Although I have become a wimp when it comes to temperature and I am cold when it is only in the 40's!
Post a Comment