Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Holiday Parties!


Jeff's work Christmas party this year was at Thanksgiving Point on December 2nd.  They had a nice catered dinner, gift exchange, and then we all went outside and rode in the trolley to see the Thanksgiving Point lights display. 

Jeff has some great co-workers.  He really enjoys his job, (most of the time,) and loves the friendships and work family that we get to be a part of. 


We had a lot of fun laughing and socializing!






This isn't really a holiday party, but it was still a celebration.  After Jeff's soccer team's season was over we decided to host a soccer party to celebrate the team and how far they went and the friendships that were developed.  I don't have any pictures of the team and people here, but we had a great time!




Last Saturday (the 12th) my friend Danielle and I got invited back to our old job at Desktop (computer surplus) for their Christmas Party!  To make a long story short, they didn't have a Halloween party, and weren't planning a Christmas one, because "Lindsey and Danielle aren't there to do it."  (We were the only girls...)  We told them if they invited us back for one last party (since everyone we know is still there, but half of them are graduating this month) then we'd plan it.  Well, we ended up being invited without having to plan anything!  It took place at the new Pizza Pie Cafe in Provo, which we decided was a pretty good place.  (I LOVED their dessert pizzas!)  We also had a white elephant gift exchange, from which we got a used (hardly!) mechanical tool set, a dremel set, and a ginormous calculator.  We definitely took home this year!  We had a lot of fun seeing my old friends and co-workers!


Every year Jeff's Christofferson cousins get together for a cousin-only, 16-years-and-up-only party.  We had Navajo Tacos, exchanged gifts, and laughed uncontrollably.  I love the humor and wit that Jeff's family and cousins have!

(Thanks Torie for the picture!)

We also got to enjoy the big Christofferson Family party on the 23rd held at the 17th Ward building.  From what I understand having multiple kinds of soup are a tradition (and they were all so good!  We shared...)  Then after dinner they had a little program, where the grandkids and Uncle Ron sang various fun Christmas songs, and then we played a giant game of dodgeball!  Followed by knock-out (or speed as they call it.)  I got rocked playing both... I have no idea where my ability to play went!  I'll just blame it on my knee... I got out the first round every round playing knock-out, and couldn't throw worth beans in dodgeball.  But Jeff did great, of course, and we all had a lot of fun! 


I love this time of year and all the holiday spirit, feeling of family together-ness and parties! 

3 comments:

Jessie said...

Looks like fun! Isn't it so nice to fill your weekends with family, friends, and food?!?

AJ said...

I am glad you found it more fun than fearful to be with us all. I had a great time, too!

Tom and B said...

Fun Parties! I even saw Kevin at your work party! Looks like you had fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...