Jeff and I kicked Conference weekend off with a home BYU game, the first night game of the season! It got a little chilly, but I had argued with Jeff (and won) about lugging our huge incredibly heavy jean BYU blanket I made to the game, and it was worth the lugging!


Saturday afternoon we drove up to Salt Lake to meet my family. When we got there I took some practice senior pictures for Tanner, and had a blast doing it! All through middle school and high school I wanted to go into photography, and I wish I would've taken at least a few classes. I really enjoy taking them, as well as editing. (Stay tuned for a post of my favorites in the next week or so!)
After taking some pictures Tanner, Jeff, and my Dad went over to the Conference Center for the Priesthood session. My dad and Tanner had tickets, and luckily Jeff didn't have any trouble getting one as well.
Tanner brought a friend with him, Carlie, who is taking the missionary discussions currently, so she could attend Conference and see Temple Square. So my mom and I walked around Temple Square with her during the Priesthood session. She loved the Christus statue in the Visitor's Center, and she kept saying, "I just love it here." I'm just glad she was recognizing the pure, positive, happy feeling you get when on Temple Square! It was fun to take her around.


Sunday morning we got up mega early to get ready to go back up to Salt Lake for the Sunday morning session. Originally only my family had tickets, and Jeff, me, and Carlie were hoping to get in on stand-by. To make a long story short, my roommate Afton had 4 tickets and invited us to go with them, and the lady standing in front of my mom outside the Conference Center was asking her elderly dad what she should do with her extra ticket, so my mom jumped right in on that. It was amazing the way it all worked out so we could all get in.


Jeff, Me, Afton, & Nick

My family and Carlie

After taking a few pictures we headed back down towards home. We hung out in Lehi for the second Sunday session, and then went to Jeff's grandparents in Pleasant Grove for dinner and to visit with a lot of the extended family that stopped by.
Conference is the best! I'm excited for the Conference Ensign to come out next month!




5 comments:
Conference was amazing!! So glad you enjoyed it! Wasn't Elder Holland's talk AMAZING!?
How come I'm jealous? :) Your weekend sounds like so much FUN! Conference and family. What could be better? Carlie was right about the feeling there. I miss it!
I'm excited you want to get into photography too! Bron was going to get me a camera for Christmas, but I jumped the gun. haha You already take great photos and are already a pro at editing. I haven't got a clue about the editing pictures yet. I'm sure you already know more than you think. I added a few a few website links to the bottom of my blog about photography that were recommended to me via email. Also, the book Understanding Exposure. When you get your camera, we'll have to share secrets! :)
I absolutely love conference. Time for family, enrichment, and just learning so much more. And what a cool missionary experience, I am sure you planted a big seed with Carlie this last weekend!
I just love conference weekend! I look forward to it for months! It's nice that you got to spend it with your family. It's been a while since I've been to Temple square. . . It is always a wonderful place to go!
I love conference weekend. I'm glad you had such a great time! You got lots of good pictures.
Post a Comment