Saturday, January 23, 2010

"He was injured, injured bad."


Well, in this case it was a she...
Me.

Yes I got injured recently playing soccer.  Well, October 14th to be exact.  

Two doctors appointments, x-rays, an MRI, and a new year later, I discovered that I tore my ACL!

Pre-MRI shot

Luckily it only hurt the day it happened and I've been able to walk on it just fine.  But the doctor told me that if I ever want to play soccer, go snowboarding, do any other quick cutting activities, or basically just use my knees the way they're supposed to be used, I would need reconstructive surgery!

We figured the sooner the surgery, the sooner I could get back to my normal activities.

Me and my doctor confirming we were on the same page.  Always a good thing...

So, as of Friday the 22nd, I have a new ACL in my right knee!  Thanks to my hamstring for providing the graft.
Pre-op with my IV and real attractive hair cap...


This is a picture of the inside of my knee where the ACL is supposed to be.  It is supposed to stretch from the bottom right to the top left.  (Compare to next picture.)
Because of how much tension is in the ACL, when it tore it snapped off to one side, so it's not even visible in this picture!

And here's a picture of the same area with the new ACL attached!  Cool huh?
So far recovery hasn't been too bad.  My pain meds are doing their job, from blocking the pain to causing dizziness/drowsiness.  
Jeff is an excellent nurse, (besides laughing at me when I can't keep my eyes open...) he hasn't complained once, and is always quick to jump up and assist me without hesitation. 

 Post-op at home
 
(From Rick and Marnae)

Thanks hon for being so wonderful!

11 comments:

Adam & Samantha said...

wow! I heard ACL surgery is a pretty big deal and quite painful. You look great and like your handling it pretty well! I hope you have a quick recovery!

kristynn said...

I love all the pics. You must be feeling pretty good to already have all this posted. Keep up the good work!

Rick and Jenny Runyan said...

Oh my goodness-I can't believe you've gone this long with it torn! What a trooper-and I love that you can still have fun while being all hooked up to IVs and things. Hope the recovery keeps going well for you-take it easy!

Megan Fuller said...

I had no idea you were getting surgery. I hope you recover soon

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you needed surgery. I hope that your recovery is quick and that you will be able to be at the Christofferson Girl's night this weekend. Gook luck!

Tessa Egan said...

Wow Lindsey, I hope you are doing okay and feel back to normal soon. That sounds not fun at all!

AJ said...

It was nice that you could schedule your surgery for what worked good in your schedule. I hope you heal well and can do all sorts of quick cutting activites again soon. Yeah Jeff for being a good nurse maid. :O

Mike, Torie and Boys said...

I hope you are recovering well.
Been thinking about you.

Lindsay said...

You poor girl! I hope that everything is going good & you feel better than ever really soon :)

Jeff and Bridgette Metcalfe said...

Oh man! I totally feel for you. Brings back memories. I remember getting so bored sitting on my butt for so freaking long. Hope it heals quick! It seriously was so good seeing you the other day. Let's plan for Feb. I can even come down and bring my movies and we can get take out since you can't really do much. Text or call me! P.S. Yesterday I fould that little photo book you made me right before I went to china. I love it so much! We had such good times!! Thanks Billy!

Amy Kathryn Colvin said...

Did someone kick you in the penith?

How is your leg doing? You are just about the cutest injured person ever. And you're extremely artistic... I just had to say.

PS. Is your blog snowing??!?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...