Monday, November 26, 2012

Tyler's Blood Drive

Tyler planned a blood drive the day after Thanksgiving for his Eagle project.  I might not normally make a whole post about it, but it was really fun to go and have all of Jeff's family there and almost all donating at almost the same time. 

Tyler, Kay, Rick, and Jeff all qualified to give "double red" which I think means that they took out twice the blood that they normally draw and then a machine separated the blood and put back into them the plasma and some kind of saline solution.  I'd never heard of this process before, but maybe that's just because I've never qualified to do it...?  

Momma C:

Amy:

Kay:

Rick (and Marnae, who also donated but I don't have a picture of)

 
Nikki:

Spencer (with Tyler finishing up behind):

Me:

Spencer after he passed out:


 Jeff:
 (This guy helping Jeff was a lot of fun.  He was hilarious.  I love people like that.)

Tyler was so glad to finally have it done!  He needed 55 donations and he ended up with 55 exactly!  I'm glad we could help him out.  :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...