I first tasted Jalapeno Jelly this past month at Jeff's parents house. Amy's SIL made some and she brought it over for us to try. I was skeptical since it was JALAPENO but I was surprised to find that it wasn't that hot and was actually fairly sweet!
Later I found out that this was due to there being mulitple cups of sugar in one recipe... But that fact didn't deter me from using the last of the jalapeno plants from the two plants in our garden to make ourselves a double batch!
Jeff and I spent a few hours yesterday making just over 14 pints! It was also my first time canning anything of any kind, in fact I don't think I've ever purchased a canning jar before.
We originally purchased these jars thinking we'd can diced tomatoes this
fall, which never happened. But they still worked for jelly! And it turned out! Our favorite way to eat it is with whole wheat Ritz crackers
and cream cheese... Hmmm... I'm on my way to the kitchen right now...







No comments:
Post a Comment