Friday, November 2, 2012

MAX Zipline

As mentioned in Jeff's birthday post, we finally got around to celebrating the rest of his birthday this past weekend, on October 20th.  Cody and Jessica joined us and Nikki was awesome enough to watch not just Shad but Adalee too!  (Thanks again Nikki!)

We went up Provo Canyon to do the MAX Zipline Canopy Tour.  They drove us in an old school bus (above pictures) to the top of the mountain where a series of 6-7 ziplines were set up between platforms to take us back down the mountain. 

This is Jeff coming in on his first ride:



Me, Jess, then Cody on the second line, I think...

Me:

Cody then Me doing the "Spiderman":


You can hear at the very end of that video how Jeff started to exclaim something... That is when they saw me crash... I got going way too fast and was turned around backwards so I didn't realize how close I was to the next platform.  I came flying in so fast that the guide wasn't quite prepared for the impact and when I hit his brake it pulled him off the platform and into me, I think.  I'm not really sure what happened, but everyone on the platform as well as everyone coming down the line after me asked if I was okay more than once.  It must have looked pretty bad.  At first I didn't think anything was wrong, but as the day progressed I discovered a scratch on my neck and a huge nasty bruise on my shoulder and arm.  (See below.)  I even tore the guide's jeans somehow...  At least I was wearing my Ragnar hoodie.  When I got to the bottom the other guides has heard the story and when they saw my Ragnar hoodie they said, "Oh that explains it, no words needed..."  Ha ha

Jeff and then Jess coming in:

After the zipline we went and picked up our kids and then went out to eat at Tucanos since Jeff had a birthday coupon.  It was fun to walk around the Riverwoods, especially since we haven't much since they remodeled it.  They have lights strung up, various waterfalls/fountains (which Shad LOVED), fire pits, live bands, shops, etc.  It's a fun atmosphere to be in and perfect for a college town.

And here's my battle mark that showed up.  My whole arm was sore and tender for almost a week afterwards...


Happy late birthday Jeff!  We aren't always that good at following through with these kind of future-promised activities, but I'm really glad this one worked, it was a lot of fun!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...