Friday, July 29, 2011

Family, Food, and Fun!

Last Thursday night the Christofferson's had a big family BBQ at Aunt Joan's house in Lehi.  A few cousins were in town and it was nice to see them and chat and visit with some of Jeff's extended family that we don't often spend time with.  

Birthday Cake for Momma C

 Shad,  Tyler, and Masaki
(Stole this picture from Angie)

Friday night we went back up to Lehi so I could take some family pictures for Momma C and her siblings and parents for Grandma Duncan's 90th birthday dinner!  

Afterwards we went with Alex, Tyler, and Jared to take their foreign exchange student Masaki to JCW's for an All-American hamburger!  He wanted to make sure he had one while in America. :)  We then went back to the house and played basketball in the backyard.  I was proud of myself for taking second twice, once in Knock-Out and once in PIG, beating Jeff, Alex, and Jared.  Masaki won twice!  And then Alex won the third game...

Saturday we went up to Kaysville for the Duncan Reunion!  We enjoyed lots of good food and fun games.  I didn't get to participate in much due to my being the mother of a small helpless child, but I did win one of the candy jars still!  That's a game I can play with a baby.  :)  


Tiff getting launched in the Eskimo Blanket

Afterwards we went to visit my good friend Bridgette and her family in Clearfield.  We hadn't met each other's babies yet, so it was fun to see her and her family.  I wish I'd gotten a picture with our kids!  We got dinner from Cafe Rio and enjoyed catching up!

Sunday we went up to Pleasant Grove for Aunt Karen and Uncle Martin's missionary homecoming talks.  They went to Peru and it was fun to hear their stories!  We'll miss their entertaining emails.  Afterwards we went over to their house for a brunch and to visit with family.

Monday we decided on short notice to hike up to Timpanogos Cave with Jeff's family, since Amy's family wasn't able to go and had tickets.  It was a tough hike, but not too strenuous, as we still spent a lot of time talking and laughing on the way up.  Shad was a champ with Jeff in the backpack- heat, sweat, and all.  

Some of the switchbacks and Cave Entrance

"Come on Alex!"
 


Ranger Randy



Goofing off in the Cave

If you're wondering why we all look funny with our backpacks on our chests... well blame the cave people.  They made us do it... (Something about having to duck and getting caught on rocks?)

Don't ask...

Family Cave Picture 
(It was totally dark, that's why Shad has a deer-in-the-headlights face)

 Sleeping on the way down, though not well, it was a much bumpier ride going down than up...

After the hike we spent the rest of the afternoon in Lehi with Jeff's family for a Pioneer Day/ 4th Sunday/ Momma C's Birthday BBQ.  We had a lot of good food, with soda floats and pie for dessert.  Jeff, Rick, and Alex also topped off the celebration with a few aerial fireworks.  

I love these weekends!  They're a large part of the reason I love summer!

1 comment:

Danielle and Trenton said...

I love Shad's face in the cave picture!! Cute baby!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...