I love birthdays. Growing up my parents always strove to make our birthdays awesome; to make us feel like the most important person in the world that day. I loved it. Ever since then I've loved my own as well as celebrating others' birthdays!
I just recently celebrated my 25th birthday! I'm quarter of a century old! :|
Having my 25th birthday on a Saturday was awesome, since Jeff could be home with me all day!
Jeff helped me feel special by getting me a card signed by both him as "Hunka." (short for Hunka Burnin Love) and Shad as "Shadski." Ha ha ha. Love him. He also gave me a few of my favorite treats, and brought them to me in individual bags, most of which were slung over Shad's arms, therefore making it so Shad was giving them as well. :) He also planned to take me to the Tim McGraw/ The Band Perry concert! It may not happen though since we're debating whether our finances can afford it, but if not we'll still do something else. Why not drag the birthday out? I like that idea...
To celebrate the day we got Gandolfo's with a coupon for breakfast...
Then dropped Shad off with his Grandparents, and went boating! Cody and Jess, MaShay and Jason with Hank, and their friend George went with us.
It turned out to be fairly windy by the time we got out there, so it was a good thing we brought the tube since wakeboarding wouldn't have worked very well. The guys rode the tube first...
But as soon as us girls got out to ride, the boat wouldn't start! The guys tried everything they could think of, but to no avail.
We had to row and swim the boat away from reeds and shallow water a few times, and finally called the coast guard to come tow us in. While waiting we had fun floating on noodles and just hanging out.
Jeff and Cody pulling the boat with Hank giving orders:
Jessica, MaShay, and I not helping pull the boat:
Coast guard boat:
That night Nikki was going to watch Shad while Jeff and I went up to the drive-in, but by the time we got home and showered from our boating struggles, we felt like it was too late to make it up there. So Jeff and I just went out to eat instead. We used a gift card to Applebees and got some big juicy steaks. Hmmm. By the time we got there and seated it was almost 10pm and the restaurant was fairly empty. I actually loved it. It made it seem a little more intimate and almost daring, as if we were young and carefree again. How did we get so "old"?
Even though many parts of the day didn't turn out as planned, it was still a wonderful birthday! Thanks Hon for all your efforts, I love you!






No comments:
Post a Comment