Thursday, July 14, 2011

Tender Mercies

I just wanted to record this day when Jeff and I felt extra grateful.

We got a check in the mail from my OBGYN. It didn't have an explanation and was totally unexpected. We can only assume that we overpaid my medical bills since we paid monthly amounts rather than one lump sum at the end. It came at a great time when we've been feeling more strapped for money than usual.

This same day I took my car in to get safety/emissions tested and re-registered. The tags expired in June which we just barely realized. My check engine light is on more often than not because of an extra sensor in this model and year, which apparently isn't really a problem. It would be very expensive to fix what is causing the sensor to throw the error. Cleggs Auto is an honest mechanic we trust, which is often hard to come by. They're the ones who told us about the sensor and they pass our car despite it setting off our check engine light, when other mechanics wouldn't and wanted the money to fix the problem. The only downside is we have to pay the $60-$80 for a diagnostic test every year when we take it to Cleggs for safety and emissions so they can make sure that the sensor is the only problem.

We decided to go to O'Reilly Auto Parts and clear the check engine light ourselves beforehand and see if it would stay off. It stayed off the whole way to Cleggs in Orem.  I was worried though that it would come on during the emissions test if they had to rev the engine for any length of time. And guess what, it stayed off! And then it passed both safety and emissions, and we're no longer driving illegally! :) We really felt that this was a tender mercy when the light came back on on my way home afterwards! 

We felt extra grateful today for the tender mercies the Lord blesses us with.  We got a check from the doctor's office and didn't have to spend as much as expected on the Honda.  Good day!

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Thanks for sharing Lindsey! I always love reading about these types of experiences!

Jason.and.Carla said...

I love this! I just gave a talk in Sacrament not too long ago on the Tender Mercies of the Lord. It was a fun and emotional one to give. =]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...