Every year since Jeff and I got married we've gone camping in Fairview with Jeff's sister Amy and her family. We all went this past weekend. It's becoming a whole family tradition!
This year the entire family was able to come up, we had a lot of fun! Most of the pictures I took are of Shad, but that's kinda what happens when he occupies my life now...
He did really well being away from home. We had to take a few walks in the stroller or 4-wheeling rides to get him to settle and fall asleep for naps, but he was a champ at night. Our first vacation with him was a success!
He did really well being away from home. We had to take a few walks in the stroller or 4-wheeling rides to get him to settle and fall asleep for naps, but he was a champ at night. Our first vacation with him was a success!
Besides chatting and relaxing we did a little 4-wheeling, kayaking, playing games, and making rope bracelets. It was a pretty chill trip. It's always nice to take a few days and get away!
Jeff, Shad and I headed up Thursday afternoon. About 15 miles outside Fairview we found Nikki and Spencer stopped on the side of the road. We stopped to help, and decided that the problem was her battery. So we went into Fairview and got lucky with a little local tire shop that carried batteries. Jeff said that the guy there was super old and bored, but really nice, and we probably made his day. Anyway, we went back, installed the battery, and we were all on our way!
Amy and Tyler and their girls were already up there, and Jeff's parents and Jared were a couple hours behind us. Rick and Marnae came up Friday afternoon, bringing Alex and Tyler with them.
Friday turned out to be cloudy with little rain showers throughout the day, which I actually loved. It was a nice break from the heat, and I love wearing hoodies and jeans anyway. Shad has some cute warmer clothes that he hasn't been able to wear, so I'm glad he had the chance, and hopefully they still fit in the fall!
Sporting his cute Converse booties Amy made him:
Our camp:
Sleeping and bracelet making:
4-Wheeling:
Eating (We all ate...but I only have pictures of Shad eating...) ;)
Tent sleeping:
And hanging out with cousins:
(Tiff and Nea were trying to get Shad and Tylie to smile... instead they got the same blank stare out of both of them ha ha)
And I just love theses pictures of Shad in the morning, with his little puffy sleepy eyes:
On Saturday Rick and Marnae left first, followed by Nikki and Spencer about an hour later, followed by Jeff and I an hour after that, and then Jeff's parents and Amy and Ty were another half hour- hour after us. About a mile from where we found Nikki and Spencer on the way up, Jeff and I found them again! This time it was the alternator, and Rick and Marnae had made it home and were on their way back with parts to fix it, and got there about 5 minutes after we did.
To make a long story short, we hung out on the side of the road for a while, all 5 cars and 17 people, enjoying a 12 pack of soda some nice family stopped and gave us, only to discover it was the wrong alternator. Marnae, Shad, and I were back in Fairview using the restroom and enjoying the air conditioning ;) when this was discovered, so Rick, Jeff, Alex, Tyler, and Jared headed back home to exchange the alternator while we were gone. Jeff's parents stayed with Nikki and Spencer so Marnae, Shad and I went on our way. A couple hours later we were almost all back together again at our house (minus Amy and Ty who headed home) enjoying pizza. Thanks Nikki for the family adventure! ;)
(Roadside picture I just stole from Nikki)
(Roadside picture I just stole from Nikki)







1 comment:
sounds like an awesome camping trip! Glad Shad is a camper boy!
Post a Comment