Monday, September 14, 2009

Baby Elephant

The Hogle Zoo in Salt Lake has a lot of baby animals right now so Jeff agreed to go with me to see them. We figured it'd be more fun with more people, especially youngins, so we invited Amy and Tyler and their girls to come.

Right now they have baby snow leopards and tigers:


An orangutang and a giraffe:


(How he curls over himself like this I don't understand, but it was adorable!)


And my very favorite, the baby elephant! This was the real reason I wanted to come to the zoo, just to see this adorable baby elephant!

Awwwww! I know, you can't help but aww at her. Even out loud. I do it everytime I see the picture.

I love how elephants always look like they're smiling! Permasmile, like Ralphie...





Awwww!

They have this big african-looking elephant nearby that plays songs out of it's snout... the girls were standing in front listening and at the end of the song it blew out a bunch of air right in their faces and scared them half to death! Why we find this so funny I don't know, but it was...


Measuring up to the gorillas and orangutangs...


I saw this sign outside the cougar pen...


and had to point out it's obvious greatness:

Thank you Hogle Zoo for your shameless support in the heart of Ute country. We approve and support. Go Cougars!





Nea's favorite, the giraffes. I loved being able to be this close to them and see their faces up close. The Denver Zoo (that I grew up going to) might be bigger with more animals and attractions, but Hogle surpassed them on this one!


Nea was scared of sticking her head inside the lion's mouth at first... but she did it!


Tiff thought it was great, she didn't have problem with it, except maybe pushing the button hard enough to get water out of it...





I'm really glad they were able to come with us... there's just something about seeing the joy and excitement on the faces of toddlers!

Car ride home...


Thanks Amy and Ty for coming with us!

5 comments:

kristynn said...

Awww is right! The baby elephant video worked and I can't decide whether I like the giraffe or the elephant better. It's a toss up!

Mama

The Layton Family said...

Sounds like fun! I'm still biased towards the Denver Zoo though :) We were just there today and their baby kangaroo was adorable!

Cuties on Top said...

Ohhh how fun!! I love the zoo soo much! I am the biggest sucker for animals if you haven't already noticed - aka Kaite!! haha Love all the pictures!

Adam & Samantha said...

I haven't been to the zoo in so long, perhaps I will make Adam take me. I love elephants, but I always feel so bad for them because their skin looks so dry and uncomfortable, like they're really thirsty or dehydrated. I am kinda weird. But, we'll give it a whirl!

Tom and B said...

SOOOO CUTE! I really want to go now! I love elephants, especially baby elephants!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...