Monday, December 23, 2013

Wright Cousin Christmas Party

My Wright grandparents have always loved throwing holidays parties for their grandkids.  Even though we lived in Denver and then Boise for most of my childhood, we still made it Utah for enough events that I have a lot of memories of attending family holiday parties.  

As we've gotten older and married, my grandparents started just doing pizza parties with games like picking-up-the-paper-bag-off-the-floor-with-your-mouth-and-no-hands" and spoons.  My grandma loves to do little winner and door prizes.  

Since my Grandpa passed away years ago and my Grandma hasn't been feeling as well, Megan and I have kind of taken over the grandkid parties the past two Christmases.  I hope we can continue to help my Grandma out and continue to enjoy this tradition!  

We had the party at Kathy's house this year on Saturday, after Grandma Duncan's funeral.  We hadn't been up to see their new home addition yet- I love it!  They've remodeled their kitchen and built this huge family room right off.  It is really open and awesome for family get togethers.  

All of the Miller's were able to come this year, as well as my Grandma, of course, Doug and Hailee.  I really wish my family lived close enough to come more often... I feel like attending these family parties since I moved to Utah is what has really increased my relationship with my cousins. 



Playing spoons:

Shad loved trying to help.  We let him hold the Jokers and gave him his own spoon to grab.  He loved it. 








Building a lego car with Parker, Ian, and Matt.

After spoons we played a new game called Partini.  It was pretty fun!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...