Monday, October 11, 2010

The Real Reason...

So looking at houses and vacations weren't the only reason my blog was highly neglected this summer...


We have a bun in the oven!

Yep, I've been a little preoccupied growin' a baby... And it's hard work!

We found out on July 16th...  And yes, these faces about sum it up:

I go to work before Jeff, and he is usually still in bed when I leave.  I told him he had to get up because I had something for him and he had to go look in the oven.  He saw the bun and after a little coaxing he realized what it meant, and his face was priceless. He turned to me with his puffy sleepy eyes and said, "Really!?"  And then he hugged me and got all teary-eyed.  I loved it. 

We announced it to my family a few days later with the bun in the oven picture above, and audio recorded my parents' response...it's fun to have it recorded!  My brothers are way excited to be uncles!

We announced it to Jeff's family with a little help from the nieces:
Jeff's family was excited too, just as Tiff is demonstrating...


So to answer all of your questions:

It wasn't planned, but it wasn't not planned...

I'm just over 18 weeks

My due date is March 13th, though I'm pretty sure "the middle-ish of March" is as accurate as it's gonna get with 4 different measurements so far...

My first trimester was a challenge, having NO energy or motivation to do anything.  Multiple other things were neglected besides the blog... especially our apartment...   I haven't had severe morning sickness, but everyday I dreaded going to work, not knowing if I'd have enough snacks or the right snacks to control the intense waves of hunger without feeling sick after.  It was also a challenge to figure out which foods were making me sick and how to avoid the monotonous cycle of intense hunger, nausea, eating, nausea, laying down, and then hunger again.  But I finally figured it out and was able to control it better!  
And around my 16th-17th weeks I really started feeling better.  It was gradual from about week 13, but just in the past few weeks I've felt like this isn't so bad; I can eat what I want again and I'm not exhausted by 8pm anymore!  I feel more like myself again, minus the ever-growing lump in my belly...

For the past week I've felt junior move everyday!  It's an incredible feeling... I love the reminder that there is something alive and hopefully healthy just kickin around in there.

We've been to three appointments, heard the healthy "normal 150 beats per minute" heartbeat, and had one ultrasound:

We watched it kick it's little legs on the screen, at which time the doctor said, "There it is, practicing it's soccer moves."  Oh ya!  Definitely the right thing to say Doc...

We're happy, a little scared, still not sure what to think, still trying to feel like it's real and happening, but so excited to be starting our family!

23 comments:

Leah said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Wow I am so happy for you guys. Its funny, I know everyone's pregnancy is different but the way you described the first trimester was me to a "T"! I remember the waves of hunger all too often. It was like I was STARVING all the time but then I would eat and it felt horrible. Glad that part is over for you though. Being a Mom is the best, you will be a great one. Keep us posted! Are you going to find out if its a boy or a girl?

Leah said...

P.S. My due date with Beck started out as March 13 too! We ended up having to induce him on March 1. great time of year for a baby :)

Rick and Jenny Runyan said...

Oh my goodness Congratulations!!!! I am so happy for you guys!! You will make awesome parents. I love the bun in the oven idea-I totally might steal that one day=) I'm glad you are feeling better, and don't forget to keep us updated on how you are doing!

Ashley said...

YAY! I have been waiting for you to announce it on the blog! I could not be happier for you guys. When do you find out if you are having a boy or girl?

Amy and Jeff said...

Congratulations, you two! Lindsey, I'm glad you're feeling better- the rest will go so fast! Are you guys going to find out if it's a boy or girl? I am SO excited for you, you will be awesome parents!

Kali and JT said...

YAY!!!! SOOO excited for you guys, having a baby is the most rewarding/fun/best/hard/fun thing ever. It amazing how much you can love a little baby who can do nothing! Congrats, keep the updates comin!

Aleesha said...

Congrats Girl!! That is so exciting! The bun in the oven is super funny! :)

Jessie said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I was actually wondering if you were prego! :) I am soooo excited for you! You will be awesome parents. Don't worry about all the horror stories people will tell. You and Jeff will figure out a new "normal" and you will both be infinitely HAPPY about the little babe sleeping between you. It's awesome! Jed is the best decision I ever made. :) Glad the first trimester is over!

The Layton Family said...

What a happy time for you and Jeff!!!! It's a time I wouldn't trade for ANYTHING. Feeling that sweet, precious baby move is sooooo wonderful. Even when you're huge, they're "huge", and your ready to be done, I can't help by LOVE those movements. I'm glad you're feeling better now. How fun!

Megan Fuller said...

Yay! Congrats! I remember right after you got married I told Megan and Rachel that I thought you would have a little baby before me. They both said "no way" and disagreed. HA! That's so wonderful and will a great addition to your new home!

Taresa said...

YAY!!! Congrats!! I love the picture! Are you going to find out boy or girl? the heartbeat being at around 150 would make me think boy but who knows!

Mike, Torie and Boys said...

Congrats... We are so happy for you guys.

Cuties on Top said...

Hooray!! I am so excited for you!! You will be such a cute Mom!! It is the best!!

Danielle and Trenton said...

YEA!!!! I'm so so excited, I want to see the bump!

Unknown said...

Linds that is so awesome! I add my congratulations to all the many you're probably receiving :) Yay for you guys!

Chelsea said...

yay!!! congrats guys - having a baby is the BEST!

xoxo
chelsea

Mrs. Nettles said...

Congratulations little cuz! so excited for you and your family, and wishing you a healthy pregnancy!

Suzannah said...

Congrats! I'm so excited for you. We really need to get together sometime soon!

Michelle said...

Hey, that is great news. I actually thought you might be when I saw the title of your last post..."its the little things!" But then I was wrong. So glad to hear it. Babies are wonderful but morning sickness is not. Congrats! You'll be great parents!

Rachel said...

Congratulations Linds! I'm very happy for you. You are due during my coveted time (does that make sense at all?) I'm glad your getting to the point where you're feeling better.

Jason.and.Carla said...

YAY!!! Congratulations Linds and Jeff! I'm SO excited for you! You're going to be so cute prego! =]

Tiffany Cramer said...

Congratulations! We re excited for you two! You guys will be awesome parents. They say the middle trimester is the best which was true for me so enjoy the next few months!

Amy Kathryn Colvin said...

Lindsey!!! How wonderful for you two! You're going to love being a mom, and you're going to be a pretty rockin' mom anyway, so there. Congratulations, beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...