Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Crocheted Flower Headbands



My sister-in-law Amy taught me how to crochet a few weeks ago, and it has been a lifesaver!  Just having something to keep my hands busy has really helped me to pass the time and keep from going insane.  

So far all I've made are these flower headbands, but I really like the way they've turned out!

I'm thinking of even starting an Etsy shop and selling some, what do you think?

Sometimes I put one flower or two on each headband...

I've made some in a variety of widths...

And I love all the different colors and thicknesses of the flowers!

I'm still trying to figure out the best way to attach them.  Right now I'm just tying them onto whatever headband I want to wear with extra yarn...  I've thought of using buttons that fit perfectly through the hole in the center of the flowers, and sewing them onto the headbands, but then it'd be hard to choose between wearing one flower or two, if the buttons are permanently attached.

Any suggestions?

P.S.  Anyone out there with a baby girl, or even a baby boy, can you tell me the circumference of their head?  (And their age...)  I'd like to make some baby ones too, but have NO IDEA how long to make them, and I don't even know what average is...

18 comments:

mandy said...

those are so cute lindsey! i know that for baby girls it's pretty much standard to use an alligator clip, found at most beauty supply stores, or even french barrette, the bar looking clips. and molly's head is 46 cm at 6 months which is the 90% so kinda big but not anything too crazy

The Apron Gal said...

so cute! you should def sell them on etsy or just to people you know in provo! very impressive!

Rachel said...

I love them! Very cute. Jack's head size is 19.25 in at 18 mos and he is in the 80% percentile from his charts, it looks like the average 18 mo old's head is 18.75 in for size 0-3 mos, it looks like 15.25 in would be safe since crocheting stretches a little, 3-9 mos: 17.5 and 9-15 mos: 18.25ish. You should totally sell them!

Jessie said...

Can I order one?!? :) Those are ADORABLE! I like the button idea. You could try some kind of hair clip on the back of the flower too to attach to the headband. Nice work!

Adam & Samantha said...

i love them, how cute! you are so creative!

Kali and JT said...

Hey linds! Miley is almost 4 weeks old and her head is about 14 1/4 inches... I would looove to get a headband from you. I saw them at trendy tots and they were like 25 bucks and they grow out of them so fast!! I vote for a button like a sparkly gem or something, but I have also seen them with a little alligator clip. If you did the button then you could sell MORE since people could buy one for one flower and another for two!

Mike, Torie and Boys said...

Girl, I am impressed. That is so cool you learned to crochet. You are so talented.
I love them.

Jaime Runyan said...

SO CUTE! I'm requesting one for me and one for Naomi! Naomi's head size 15.25 inches (3 months).

Cuties on Top said...

How cute! Look at you, little miss crafty!! I was thinking it would be awesome if you took some pics of me and Jared! Maybe we could do it when you guys are down here for Mandies wedding! Let me know! THanks!

Taresa said...

I make flower clips and put them all on alligator clips! I use tights as the headband and then since they flowers are on clips they can go on any band or straight in the hair for older child or mommy! Yours are WAY cute!

Chelsea said...

love them!! quincy for sure needs one... not sure how big her head is and don't dare check while she's sleeping ;) it's normal baby size for a 2 month old i imagine...ha ha!

Amy Kathryn Colvin said...

Okay, the fact that you just learned how to crochet and your headbands look THAT good is turning my eyes green. :)

Can I buy one???

Danielle and Trenton said...

So cute! I'd buy one! How are you feeling??

Michelle said...

Love the headbands. Daniel's head size today at the doctor's was 41 centimeters and that was normal for 3-4 month olds. Keep up the cute work!

Tiffany Cramer said...

Wow! I am impressed with your skills! Where did you learn how to do that?!

Megan said...

okay seriously can i buy a couple of the flowers?!?!?! let me know when you start selling them and you can mail them my way.

also i could measure kalebs head for you...but he is in the 95th percentile for his age ... haha

Megan said...

Wow, Linz! I'm so super impressed! I also love that I can say that crocheting has saved two of my roommates :) Seriously, I'm in awe!

Jason.and.Carla said...

Okay so I LOVE these! I want some! Tell me how I can get some!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...