Monday, February 8, 2010

Spontaneous Weekend


I love the weekends where you have no plans, and somehow you end up doing one thing after another all weekend.

Yep you guessed it.  This past weekend was one of those!

Mama C picked me up and took me to Lehi Friday afternoon for a little change in scenery, so Jeff and Rick came up later to take me back to Provo.  Jared decided to go to Amy and Ty's for the night, so Alex and Tyler decided they needed to do something as well.  When they heard Rick and Marnae had a new movie they wanted to watch, we all decided to come down to our house in Provo to watch it.

So Rick, Marnae, Alex, and Tyler were all over to watch Coach Carter Friday night. 

We decided it was too late for them to drive back to Lehi after the movie, especially since they drove Mama C's nice car down, so Alex and Tyler slept over at our house.  

The next morning we decided to make waffles, so Rick and Marnae came back over with Rick's sweet new waffle iron (we need to get us one of those!) and we made homemade chocolate chip waffles (with homemade syrup) and homemade grape juice.  Hmmmm.......

Since it was Saturday and no one had anything we had to do (except Jeff who went to work) they all stayed over and we hung out more.  We first taught Marnae how to cut Rick's hair...
 After which Alex and Tyler watched another movie and Rick, Marnae, and I talked about their wedding plans.  It was a fun chill afternoon.

After Jeff got home Alex and Tyler left to go back to Lehi, while Rick decided he needed to have and make shish-ka-bobs.  So they went to the store to get supplies, and we made and grilled shish-ka-bobs.

We also had some friends from our ward over, Joe and Cassidy, to help eat the shish-ka-bobs, and to play Nerts and Rummikub.  

Sunday I made it through all three meetings (Wahoo!) although I am in nursery, so being able to move around and not get too achy and fidgety helped.

That evening Cody and Jess invited us over to watch the Super Bowl and eat brownies.  We also ended up helping them organize and hang pictures on their wall, as well as play 20 questions and "guess how long this tape measure is".  Ha ha.

Journal-type post (filled mainly with pictures of Rick and Marnae, ha ha) for a random but fun weekend!

2 comments:

Jessie said...

Ahh, sounds like a fun but relaxing weekend! those kabobs look scrumptious! and I absolutely LOVED nursery while I was in there. Loved it. (especially all the treats I got to snitch) :) Hope you do too.

Aleesha said...

I love weekends like that, Lots of fun without the stress! And the ka-bobs look yummy. . . I want to make some now. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...