While Alex and Tyler were here over the weekend, we discovered that an ancient old-fashioned key I have (that I got from my dad in like 6th grade) that I keep on my key chain (for fun, and cause it's cool!) actually fits in and works the old doors and key holes in our house!
Let me show you.
Here's the door knob for our bathroom door:
Here's the key hole:
Here's the key:
Here's the key going in the key hole:
And here's the key in the hole and turned, poking the bolt out and "locking" the door!
HOW COOL IS THAT!?
I was so excited when we discovered this, because Jeff wasn't home, so I knew I could lock him in the bathroom one day in the near future! Sweet!
But then we soon after discovered that the bolt doesn't line up with the hole in the door jam, unfortunately.
Dang it.
And since I was having so much fun shooting photos of the sweet ancientness of our house, I decided to see what I could shoot through the key hole:
And the key:
And while I'm showcasing the uniqueness of our ancient house, let me show you a few pictures I took last summer. Our house definitely has character! (Including being built with burnt orange adobe bricks...)


The front door of the house that leads to our apartment and another apartment upstairs has old stained and etched glass:


We also have these round windows above most of the doors in our apartment, which either have glass that's been painted over or are open (empty): 

We got really lucky when we found our third of this ancient house, and we love its old character and charm! It'll definitely be a fun and unique memory to look back on as our first apartment as marrieds!













7 comments:
Lindsey, you are so cute. I hope you are recovering well enough. I enjoyed reading all the latest haps in your neck of the woods. You're great!
aw i love your house! what a beautiful doorknob and key. it's seriously my dream to live in a home like that! (renovated of course...). this post made me happy!
Wow, yeah you'll have to show me sometime. It makes me sad how little my photos are.
I love your ancient house. And your doorknobs are so fun and inspiring.
that's so true! i think we'll all look back on newlywed years and smile. :) i LOVE old houses with charm. cute!
You are too cute, Lindsey! I like the story of the old key. Here's to newlywed bliss!
These doors remind me so much of Grandma Clark's house. She had windows above her doors, too. Ask Jeff if he remembers her house. It had thick walls that kept the house cool in the summer without A/C. I'm glad you can see the beauty of these old places.
great photos! What lens and settings were you using???
Post a Comment