Wednesday, June 17, 2009

My Jeff


I couldn't pick just one favorite...

This morning on my way to work I was thinking about how wonderful my Jeff is, and how much I take for granted the things he does for me.

What sparked my realization was the fact that Jeff got out of bed an hour and a half before he usually does to carry our laundry out to my car so I wouldn't have to. (We don't have a washer/dryer... we do our laundry at his parents house...) Also, my car battery has been struggling for a while now, and this morning it didn't have the guts to start my car. When I went back in the house to get Jeff's keys so I could use his car to jump it, he jumped right back out of bed, and came out to do it for me. (Playing musical cars is so much easier with 2 people, by the way.)

So as I drove to work I got thinking about what a good example Jeff is to me; he is very patient and doesn't let things ruffle his feathers as easily as I do.

He takes his church calling seriously and does what is asked of him.

He finds it funny, instead of annoying, that there are eight Jeff's in our ward.

He puts up with all my picture taking, wedding reception enjoying, lengthy grocery shopping, pointless texts, random phone calls with no purpose, and lack of cooking skills.

He sets an additional early alarm on his phone so he can make sure I wake up, since I really struggle in the mornings.

Just now as I was typing this I had a frustrating encounter with a guy in my building so I texted Jeff, and his response made me laugh right out loud. That's what I need in my life! Laughing, cuddling before falling asleep, camping, biking & running, playing soccer, watching movies, playing with nieces, riding horses, going on road trips and vacations, getting ice cream... I love that he does all these with me.

He even lets the Honda, our "good car," be the car I primarily drive, while he drives the Taurus with no A/C. (It does play IPod's though and the Honda doesn't... maybe that's his real motivation...) ;)

Thank you love for all you do to make me happy. I love you!


Make sure you thank your spouse (or another significant figure in your life) today! I think we all take each other for granted at times...

6 comments:

Rick and Jenny Runyan said...

Aw, this was so sweet! I bet it will mean a lot to him to read. I agree, it's easy to slip into the mode of taking our loved ones for granted....but we have so much to be thankful for in them!

kristynn said...

Linds, you did such a fantastic job in finding all of the amazing qualities your father has in your sweetheart! We think he is amazing in countless ways and count our blessings that you got smart and said yes!!!

Mama K

Cuties on Top said...

What a great post! and a great guy! It is so sweet to see how husbands love to take care of theirs wives! I am glad Jeff is so good to you! What a guy!

Ana Lee said...

So true. What a wonderful husband.

Jeff said...

Thanks Babe!!! You make it easy to do! I love you tons and yes the ipod is the motivation ;).

Aleesha said...

How sweet! Sounds like he is one good man! And sounds like he knows how great his wife is!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...