Ok, it wasn't dark, almost dusk though, I had to lighten these pictures a bit...
Last week a friend in our ward, Jeff, (that's weird...) wanted some fishing company while his wife Amy was at a work baby shower. We went with him to a private river spot in Spanish Fork. It was nice to be spontaneous and get out on a week night. Sometimes it's so hard with our work schedules. It's either eat dinner or go have fun. It's hard to do both... how lame is that? Anyway, both Jeff's caught something, though small. We didn't keep anything but we had fun.



Also, I was climbing down the slope, going slow cause the weeds hurt my sunburn, and I looked to my right and saw this massive bird just perched on a fallen tree. I seriously thought it was stuffed at first, and wondered why someone would put it there. Then I saw it blink and breathe. It was crazy! Getting Jeff's attention and 50 pictures ensued as I made it down the slope. What was real creepy was when it hadn't moved once, and then I looked away and back and it was staring right at me! Creepy. It's like when you go to a museum and you swear the statues are staring at you. Well what if one of those statues blinked! Or moved it's head to look at you straight on! That's how it was.


Jeff thought it was really young, as it had the little hair tuft above it's beak, and it's feathers didn't look fully grown out. It didn't move the whole time we were there, besides turning to stare at me, so I was able to take another 50 pictures and get within THREE FEET of it! It had it's mouth open like that first picture almost the whole time. It may have closed it once or twice... yep looks like it's closed in this next picture...
We went home and googled it, and decided we think it's a red-tailed hawk. If any of you are bored you can google it too and see if you agree, but we're fairly sure.

And this was our view leaving the river. I just love nature. And sunsets. And summer. And cool clouds...

Last week a friend in our ward, Jeff, (that's weird...) wanted some fishing company while his wife Amy was at a work baby shower. We went with him to a private river spot in Spanish Fork. It was nice to be spontaneous and get out on a week night. Sometimes it's so hard with our work schedules. It's either eat dinner or go have fun. It's hard to do both... how lame is that? Anyway, both Jeff's caught something, though small. We didn't keep anything but we had fun.
Also, I was climbing down the slope, going slow cause the weeds hurt my sunburn, and I looked to my right and saw this massive bird just perched on a fallen tree. I seriously thought it was stuffed at first, and wondered why someone would put it there. Then I saw it blink and breathe. It was crazy! Getting Jeff's attention and 50 pictures ensued as I made it down the slope. What was real creepy was when it hadn't moved once, and then I looked away and back and it was staring right at me! Creepy. It's like when you go to a museum and you swear the statues are staring at you. Well what if one of those statues blinked! Or moved it's head to look at you straight on! That's how it was.
Jeff thought it was really young, as it had the little hair tuft above it's beak, and it's feathers didn't look fully grown out. It didn't move the whole time we were there, besides turning to stare at me, so I was able to take another 50 pictures and get within THREE FEET of it! It had it's mouth open like that first picture almost the whole time. It may have closed it once or twice... yep looks like it's closed in this next picture...
We went home and googled it, and decided we think it's a red-tailed hawk. If any of you are bored you can google it too and see if you agree, but we're fairly sure.
And this was our view leaving the river. I just love nature. And sunsets. And summer. And cool clouds...




2 comments:
When you said that you turned around and the bird was staring at you, it made me think of that picture we used to hide around our apartment just to freak each other out....you know which one I am talking about... :) Oh the good ol' days!
That is so cool you saw that bird so close! It looks like that was so much fun. We need to do more fun nature things around here.
Post a Comment