Monday, June 1, 2009

Bikes & a Band

Here are our new bikes for our Anniversary! We finally found me one. It's a little too big for me, but it'll work for now till we can find another one!


Jeff's Bike: Ironhorse G



My Bike: Specialized FSR XC



Our new (used) roof rack!



Also for our anniversary we wanted to get an anniversary band for my ring. I decided I wanted a regular band, not a small sparkly one like my wedding band. I like the asymmetry, and it's symbolic to me. The wedding band represents the wedding, symbolic of the sparkle, the glam, the excitement, the newness. But I wanted my anniversary band to be just a thick solid band, to symbolize our marriage, for eternity, still going strong!


I think it might've looked a little better, more natural fitting if the new band wasn't quite as thick, but we got it a little thicker and didn't solder it so that I can wear it by itself to work and camping and all those other activities where diamonds get caked in dirt or scratched. We got the band a little before our anniversary so I've been wearing it to work for a while now, and yes, it was as smooth and shiny as my engagement band when I got it, but it's already getting all scratched up. That's ok though, after not too long it'll look intentional, like it's supposed to be brushed... right? I'll just tell myself that to feel better... ;)

7 comments:

Tom and B said...

I love the bikes Linds! They look very nice! And I also love the band. Very cool idea! And I think the scratches add character :) Lets plan a bike day soon. What time do you get off during the week?

Adam & Samantha said...

very cute! i like the band! thats a good idea, maybe ill do that for our anniversary in august! :-) and i love the bikes. you guys are a sporty couple.

Suzannah said...

How fun. It seems like you just got married a few months ago... Are you headed to Moab to try out your new bikes?

Ana Lee said...

You guys are so fun, love the bikes! I hope you have many adventures with those. What a great idea to do an anniversary band.

Ana Lee said...

By the way you need to update your "about me" under your pic here on your blog :)

kristynn said...

Nice band and I love what you wrote, too!
Mom

Cuties on Top said...

Biking is so fun! I wish you guys lived here so we could go biking and hiking together! That would rock! I love your band and ring! My ring is all scratched too! I wish I could keep it shiny and perfect but it just doesn't work that way!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...