Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Powder Mountain

Every year the Special Olympics does a Ski for Gold at both Brighton and Powder Mountain Resorts here in Utah. Basically you donate $30 to the Special Olympics and get a free lift pass! Definite deal in my book. I've gone the last 3 years to Brighton's, but we've never ventured up to Powder Mountain, since it's way up by Ogden, well east of Ogden, just past Liberty. Our good friends Cody and Jessica wanted to go, so we decided to make the trip this year, to see if it was worth it. And it WAS! We went up Friday night and stayed at my grandparents house in North Ogden (very convenient...) and then headed up the next morning. Powder Mountain is only like 20-30 minutes from their house! Way nice, and I decided I love the little hidden valley in between, where the town of Liberty is. Who knew that town was there? Ok probably a lot of people, but I sure didn't. It made me want to move there. Jeff you can get a job in the middle of the mountains in some tiny town right?
After talking to my mom I discovered that Powder Mountain is the resort that she grew up going to every year, so it was fun to be there and think of her being there. My brother and his friend were down from Boise so they went as well. Jeff and I loved how almost every run had trees and powder along the edges, almost like a huge gradual half pipe. We could just go in and out of the trees as much as we wanted. Plus it's always fun to explore a new resort. It was an awesome trip! I love snowboarding!




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...