Brea and Tom got married this past Saturday, the 7th of February! It was the first wedding/ sealing in the Temple I have been able to attend since my own last May, and having it be my one of my closest cousins meant a lot to me! Everything turned out perfectly, and it was so fun to see so much of our extended family. Congrats Brea and Tom!
(I have to mention real quick how Brea was responsible for Jeff and I hooking up, and I was responsible for her meeting Tom!
Jeff asked Brea out because they'd known each other at Snow College previously, but Brea was dating Tom, so she told Jeff to call me! My mom even thanked Brea at our wedding dinner, and Tom for being int he picture so Brea couldnt' go out with Jeff. I worked with Tom for Orem City for almost 2 years and I introduced them when he and I went into Park's Sports where Brea worked. It's fun to give each other the credit and know we're responsible for each other's husbands! Crazy huh?)
Anyway, back to the wedding... Brea looked gorgeous! Her colors were brown, cream, champagne, and sage. It was beautiful! I also had the privelege of being a bridesmaid, for my first time ever!
Here they are after just coming out of the temple...

I loved watching them during the ceremony. They were so giddy, it was cute. My grandpa is a sealer, so he got to seal them, just like he did Jeff and I. I love it. It's really a special thing to have him here to do that! And in the same temple! :)

Here's Brea, Ben, and I. We're all the same age, within 3 months of each other, and we have pictures of us in onesie PJ's when we're babies, and one when we're all about 14 years old. So we had to take another one!

After I made my wedding cake for my wedding, Brea asked me to make hers. I complied... who wants to spend $400-500 on a wedding cake? So I said yes... though I was stressed about getting it right and just how she wanted it, I was pleased with how it turned out...

I had to get a picture with Jeff and I and the cake, since he did all the muscle work. The chocolate fondant on that cake was hard as frozen tootsie rolls... we had to break it up with a giant knife, knead it till it was somewhat maleable, and then knead all the pieces back together, and then roll it out. It would have taken me hours longer to do it myself than it did with his guns...

The happy couple during their first dance...


Just looking at their faces you know what's coming next... Yep, cake in the face. I didn't get a good shot of it cause my camera doesn't reset that fast, but at least her photographer got one for her...

Here are all the cute neices and nephews. Brea's mom made all the little flower girl dresses, and matching sashes for the girls and ties for the boys. Us bridesmaid's had the same color sashes too, which matched Brea's sash on her wedding dress. So coordinated! It was cute.

I made Jeff wear a tie that matched, don't we look cute?

I had to include this picture... and Jake and Jaime you probably had no idea this was happening... Just after Brea and Tom left and everyone was starting to clean up, Jeff and I were standing just inside the door, talking to someone and I look over at the cake, and I see Josh just taking chunks out! He'd take a bite, dance around and look at stuff while he was chewing and then go back for more! It was so hilarious... and Jeff's little brothers still ate it after... ;)

Congrats Brea and Tom! We love you!
(I have to mention real quick how Brea was responsible for Jeff and I hooking up, and I was responsible for her meeting Tom!
Jeff asked Brea out because they'd known each other at Snow College previously, but Brea was dating Tom, so she told Jeff to call me! My mom even thanked Brea at our wedding dinner, and Tom for being int he picture so Brea couldnt' go out with Jeff. I worked with Tom for Orem City for almost 2 years and I introduced them when he and I went into Park's Sports where Brea worked. It's fun to give each other the credit and know we're responsible for each other's husbands! Crazy huh?)
Anyway, back to the wedding... Brea looked gorgeous! Her colors were brown, cream, champagne, and sage. It was beautiful! I also had the privelege of being a bridesmaid, for my first time ever!
Here they are after just coming out of the temple...

I loved watching them during the ceremony. They were so giddy, it was cute. My grandpa is a sealer, so he got to seal them, just like he did Jeff and I. I love it. It's really a special thing to have him here to do that! And in the same temple! :)

Here's Brea, Ben, and I. We're all the same age, within 3 months of each other, and we have pictures of us in onesie PJ's when we're babies, and one when we're all about 14 years old. So we had to take another one!

After I made my wedding cake for my wedding, Brea asked me to make hers. I complied... who wants to spend $400-500 on a wedding cake? So I said yes... though I was stressed about getting it right and just how she wanted it, I was pleased with how it turned out...

I had to get a picture with Jeff and I and the cake, since he did all the muscle work. The chocolate fondant on that cake was hard as frozen tootsie rolls... we had to break it up with a giant knife, knead it till it was somewhat maleable, and then knead all the pieces back together, and then roll it out. It would have taken me hours longer to do it myself than it did with his guns...

The happy couple during their first dance...


Just looking at their faces you know what's coming next... Yep, cake in the face. I didn't get a good shot of it cause my camera doesn't reset that fast, but at least her photographer got one for her...

Here are all the cute neices and nephews. Brea's mom made all the little flower girl dresses, and matching sashes for the girls and ties for the boys. Us bridesmaid's had the same color sashes too, which matched Brea's sash on her wedding dress. So coordinated! It was cute.

I made Jeff wear a tie that matched, don't we look cute?

I had to include this picture... and Jake and Jaime you probably had no idea this was happening... Just after Brea and Tom left and everyone was starting to clean up, Jeff and I were standing just inside the door, talking to someone and I look over at the cake, and I see Josh just taking chunks out! He'd take a bite, dance around and look at stuff while he was chewing and then go back for more! It was so hilarious... and Jeff's little brothers still ate it after... ;)
Congrats Brea and Tom! We love you!




4 comments:
ok you are seriously the bomb! i didn't know you had such an amazing talent when it comes to decorating cakes! that cake is fabulous! srly. you should make kaleb's first birthday cake for me hehe. :-p
oh i also LOVE the green dress and the green tie combo. you guys look fabulous! looks like you had a ball.
I had no idea you can make wedding cakes! You should start your own business! I can't wait to go to a temple sealing. I haven't been since my own as well, and when it's your own, you try to listen, but everything is a big haze because you're thinking, "I'm getting married!" The wedding looked gorgeous!
Linds I love the pictures!! Your cake seriously did look gorgeous!! That picture of Josh is freakin hilarious!! I love ya!
Post a Comment