Thursday, July 31, 2008

Tagged

How to play this game of tag.
Post these rules on your blog:
List 3 joys, 3 fears, 3 goals, 3 current obsessions/collections, 3 random surprising facts about yourself. Tag 5 people at the end of your post by leaving their names. Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Joys:
1) Being married to my best friend! He makes me smile and laugh everyday! We also spend half our time at work listening to, giving advice to, and teasing the only single kid left among my co-workers about his love life's drama... and it constantly reminds me how glad I am to have that over with too!
2) Being outside! I love everything about being outside, (minus the bugs in the summer...) including boating, camping, mountain biking (newly rediscovered interest), playing soccer, going for walks, sledding, snowboarding...
3) My family, and my new family as well... I'm really close to my parents and my brothers... and I've already gotten to know Jeff's family pretty well since they live so close... I'm excited to build those relationships too!

Fears:
1) Being alone... I love having someone with me wherever I am, whatever I'm doing... granted I need a few minutes alone here and there, i'm not really one of those people who needs alone time on a regular basis... So being by myself, especially if it's from losing someone I care about, would be really hard for me.
2) The dark, kind of... Ok, not all the time... I was the only one with a basement bedroom when I was little, so I survived that... but maybe it's developed from hiking in the dark and hearing moose crashing through the forest 20 yds away, or just from having an active imagination...
3) Disappointing those around me... I've always been close to my parents, and now I have Jeff whose opinion and love I highly value... I just want to live my life and make choices that will not be a disappointment to my parents, Jeff, or my Father in Heaven.

Goals:
This is funny to think about, as just the other day I was remembering all those lists that teachers had us make in grade school about where I could see myself in 5 years, 10 years, 20 years... and what my goals were then... A lot of those have come to pass, like marrying a worthy Priesthood holder in the Temple! But some are the same, and some have developed and evolved...
1) Getting my Bachelor's degree. I only have 11 credits left... One semester... I just haven't had any breaks from school except the summer months, so I'm still feeling worn out from last semester and school starts so soon! It's hard work! But I can make it! (And that goal of "someday going to college" has been fulfilled...) ;)
2) Being a good mother... I feel like my mother did an excellent job, and Jeff has a wonderful mother as well... I have a lot of good examples around me... I hope I've learned enough and continue to develop the abilities I need to someday be a good mom!
3) I want to stay active my whole life... I want to be able to continue boating, hiking/camping, running, playing sports, snowboarding, etc my whole life... or most of it. I want to be able to participate with my family and stay in at least decent shape!
Obsessions/Collections
1) Megan and my mother would be proud to hear and I enjoy having an organized house! We spent many evenings once we were back from our Honeymoon and moved setting up our first house and figuring out where we wanted things to go... I think some days Jeff got tired and just wanted to watch a movie or just "chill"... but I've never been able to sit and do nothing if I know there are things that need to be done around me... (I'm one of those people who can't sleep if I have things I need to do... I'll either stay up late or write lists until I feel satisfied enough to settle down and sleep...)
What's funny about this is we have such little space it really doesn't stay as clean and organized as I make it sound, but that's ok, I know it was at one point and so it doesn't get under my skin... yet... ;)
2) PICTURES! I love taking pictures, doing things with pictures... etc. I wanted to go into photography at one time... I'm not sure whatever happened to that... but I love documenting and having pictures of everything I do, and since i've become not so good and writing in a journal, pictures will have to do, at least for all the trips and good days... (we naturally don't document bad days or events... hmm...)
3.) And Jeff said to put him... I will have to agree... Without thinking about it, I want to, and do, spend all my available time and energy with Jeff... but I guess that's natural for newlyweds in love right... ;) (I don't think anything is going to change there...) :)
Random Surprising Facts:
I had to call my mom for this one... I'm a pretty open, often blunt, person, so I don't feel like there's a lot that people don't know about me... but here goes
1.) She said I walked at 8 months, I don't really know what's normal... I broke my arm and got stitches when 18 months old, then broke my arm again at age 3... and I didn't cry either time...
2) I've never been out of the country... and hardly out of Utah, Colorado, and Idaho... I've been to Disneyland (and other parts of southern CA) and Washinton DC... that's about it
3) I love ice cream... Ok, back up... i love just about all desserts... anything with sugar in it... but I really could eat ice cream any day of the year, but I really only enjoy it if it has chunks in it... it doesn't really matter what, but I especially like candy bars, or brownies, oreos, etc. This stems from my working at Coldstone in high school... we got a free regular ice cream with every shift... but we could load it with as many mix-ins as we wanted... so, I now love ice cream with lots of different kinds of chunks, and definitely prefer it that way... :)
Tag 5 People:
Megan Selin, since I know you are SO good at these... ;)
Ashely Tanner... you've probably done these before, but it's been a long time, so here you go
Tessa Egan
Megan Jorgensen
Suzannah Beasley

1 comment:

Danielle and Trenton said...

FINALLY!!! Tehehe, I'm so proud.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...