Wednesday, July 9, 2008

4th of July
Wright Reunion
Bear Lake & Bennington, ID

My mom's family had a big reunion up in Bear Lake over the holiday weekend. It was probably one of the best vacations Jeff and I have been on, along with Lake Powell last summer. We just had a blast! He got to know my cousins a lot better and he fit in so well with them, it was awesome!

THE FARM
This farmhouse here is where my Grandpa was born, and where he grew up. They own about 530 acres of farmland up there, which my Grandpa still leases out for alfalfa and cattle. (My grandparents live in Ogden now...) Everytime I go to the Farm I fall in love with it all over again. I have so many memories of being at the Farm as a kid... from camping on the lawn for past reunions, to riding the snowmobiles, horses, and 4-wheelers through the fields, to playing "No bears are out tonight..." at the cemetary while the older kids scared us half to death.... (family tradition...) Taking Jeff there and having him fully experience the Farm and everyone being there was perfect. I absolutely love this place!!!
Nearby is a restaurant/ truck stop called the Ranch Hand. They have awesome breakfast food, and when one of the reunion breakfast meals didn't happen... all my cousins and I went to the Ranch Hand...
My Grandpa and his sister took their boats up so we got in lots of tubing. Jeff and a few of my cousins tried wakeboarding, but it was just too choppy... and my Grandpa only has experience driving tubers... so that combo just didn't work out... But we had a blast tubing!!!
The whole family over for dinner at the Farm. I gues the reunion was supposed to be a camp ground closer to the lake but everyone ended up at the Farm... I definitely didn't mind!
Playing ultimate frisbee in the water... and my uncle walking through the shot...

Us on the boat, and my new sunglasses that I lost... but i'm not sure I liked them anyway... hmm...The water was amazing! I'd forgotten how turqoise the water in Bear Lake is till Jeff reminded me, and of course till I saw it... it's awesome!
Shooting pop cans, and playing Russian RouletteThat area of Idaho is a little cooler than it is down here in Utah... and everything was so green and a lot of wildflowers were still in bloom! It was so picture perfect... gorgeous...

2 comments:

Calvin said...

Ok, I'm glad you had a good vacation... but how many were there to compare it to in the 5 seconds you've been married to each other? Do reunions count as vacations?

Cool tree growing next to the front sidewalk

Megan said...

that looks like soooo much fun! i hope we make it to bear lake this summer. my parents are now living in logan so they are almost there! oh and congrats on your returned missionary.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...