I decided Shad was old enough to start helping more around the house and to be more aware of his own routine and the aspects of it that he can take care of himself.
He was really excited about it! Success!
He has magnets for brushing teeth morning and night, going to the bathroom first thing in the morning, making bed, helping feed Ren, putting clean silverware away, being nice to Ren (he doesn't get to move it if he's been pestering him, or we move it back to the "To Do" side,) cleaning up toys, saying prayers, and reading scriptures.
Now to see if it actually lasts more than a day...
UPDATE: 1/9/15- Shad still likes to move his magnets. It didn't initially last more than a few days, but every once in a while he'll think about it and want to do every chore so he can move every magnet. I'd still call that a success for a 3 year old! I would also like to add a few more for getting dressed and helping with laundry...








No comments:
Post a Comment