One of my favorite perks of working with the Young Women is the chance to go to GIRLS CAMP! Oh man do I love Girls Camp...
Due to Tyce being so young (and Ragnar being that same week,) I wasn't able to go up for more than a day, but at least I got to do that! I had to go sit in the car and pump during some quiet time, but it was still worth spending the whole day there.
I got up there around 9am, (Wed, June 25th,) and found the girls down at the pavillion doing a service project. They were working on making kits for women in other countries like Africa.
When back at camp we had lunch and "attacked" the neighboring wards cabin.
Downtime. Two of my closest friends in the ward were there too- Laycie Call is camp director and Amber Lovelace is an assistant, which made it that much more fun for me. Amber did almost every girl's hair there at some point, or even multiple times, during the week, including mine.
These girls have it so easy! Sleeping in bunks in cabins, flushing toilets, sheds with fridges, running water, even showers! Way different than my camps growing up in Denver... but as a leader- it's awesome!
Luckily there was a bunch of downtime this day so I was able to just hang out with the girls. We did a few crafts- like tie dying pillow cases. I helped by tie- dying socks and a tie for Bishop Erdmann, since he is a hippie at heart. (Or probably for real.)
Group shot heading down to flag ceremony.
Hank Smith was there to speak to the girls. He is such a great youth speaker! Took me back to EFY for a minute...
Catie Brunson's family was leaving in the morning to move to Texas, so she caught a ride home with me. The girls gave her a very emotional group hug. This is an incredible group of girls! I had a hard time leaving too!!!
My braids- thanks to Amber.
Jessica watched Shad and Nikki took Tyce till Jeff got off work so I could go up and Jeff didn't have to take time off. I got home to an ornery text from a neighbor, (about Ren barking all day long tethered in the yard,) but finding this on instagram from Nikki helped mellow my frustration. I'm so grateful to have family and friends close by who are so willing to help us out!













No comments:
Post a Comment