Friday, May 30, 2014

Tyce at THREE Months

When Shad was this age we had to WORK to get him to squeal or even smile.  Tyce gives them out easily and is very social/ smiley!  It's so much fun.  He is giggling more and more, I got one (April 30th) that wasn't induced by tickling at all, just straight up silly noises. It was awesome.  



He loves the BYU fight song.  We'll hold his hands and make him dance and he smiles and basically giggles the whole time.  When we get to the "Rah rah, rah rah rah" part and hand roll he always pauses and stares at us till we say, "Gooooo Cougars!"  Too funny. 


He still wakes up to eat during the night, but is sleeping at least one 5-6 hour period almost every night, which is great, except it usually starts before I'm ready for bed so it doesn't benefit me at all.
he sleeps from about 10 or 11pm till 9 or 10am, minus eating time. He still wakes up once, sometimes twice to eat but usually falls back to sleep pretty easy. However he is not napping during the day very well. He takes sporadic 20 min- hour naps. Sometimes longer, but they seem be getting fewer and farther between. I feel like it's something we need to work on- so that he is getting better sleep during the day and I have a few hours I can rely on for myself or shad. The lack of a schedule, both eating and sleeping, during the day is really starting to take its toll on me. I feel like Shad was on a great schedule by now and we just heard that Lily is sleeping 10+ hours straight at night..  So I feel like Tyce could be too... 


He will take a bink only when he's really tired, otherwise he usually doesn't care for them. But he will sometimes suck on his hand, or he really likes to lick and play with fabric- whatever blanket, wrap, or burp rag is right in front of him.



He doesn't really like the car seat unless it's moving constantly. He doesn't stay asleep in it very long. We already don't take him in to church...

He is also starting to hold his mouth wide open when I come toward him to give him kisses, I wonder if he's trying to copy the action and give open mouthed kisses back, either way it's cute and i love it!

His hair is growing- it is more than an inch in a few places.  It's still darker and longer than Shad's ever was. It has thinned in a few areas but isn't too wispy yet. 

He is starting to like to sit up and see what is going on around him- so we prop him on the couch or a pillow sometimes.  He can sit in the Bumbo now for 5-10 mins before he gets tired and fusses to get out.

He is doing better sleeping without the swaddle... We started to worry that he was going to roll over and get stuck so we started using the thin Aden and Anais blankets instead, when needed. Plus he would've grown out of the swaddle me wraps lengthwise soon anyway...

  
 Eyelashes! 

Still enjoys bathtime.

Hangin with Grandpa.

Baby toes!


Tummy time!  I'll be honest.  I've been HORRIBLE at insuring that Tyce gets tummy time.  I can count the number of times one one hand probably.  Maybe these 2 pictures were the only two times.... (Insert embarrassed face.)  His head isn't get flat and his neck is plenty strong so I'm not too worried...


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...