It's become a tradition that while Jeff is at Scout Camp Shad and I head to Boise to visit my family. This year was no different. We weregone August 7-14 (Wed to Wed.)
Shad with his cool new shades on our way there:
I borrowed a dvd player from Laycie Call which was a lifesaver. He just sat there watching a movie till he fell asleep, and then watched most of another till we got there. It was awesome!
New slippers from Nana the day we got there. (Even though it's too hot to really wear them yet...)
Waiting for the trash truck with Grandpa and Bo first thing the next morning: (Thursday)
One of his very favorite things:
The Artic Circle in Meridian does half price shakes everyday from 3-5pm. My parents wanted to take me as part of my birthday, so we went on Friday afternoon. They were really good too! They didn't skimp on the toppings, and you could get 3 flavors at a time!
Nate, Tanner, Shad and I took Bo to the park to play fetch. I guess this is their typical way of cooling Bo off:
Group shot attempts:
I love Shad's face here, looking at Tanner like, "What is he doing!?"
Shad LOVED throwing the ball for Bo. These "chuck-it" things are awesome!
Playing with a caterpillar he found on Saturday:
Playing with Bo on the tramp:
I guess my brother's mauling Bo almost from day one has payed off, as he is super patient with Shad and lets him climb all over him. He has never growled or snipped or anything at Shad. And he's never been around little kids! He reminds me in this way of my grandparents' dog Sam that they had growing up.
We had hot dogs and smores Saturday night...
Shad is really into making the same faces in pictures right now:
Getting Shad to sleep on his own bed (crib mattress on the floor) was a major challenge. He wouldn't go down for naps unless I was laying next to him, and even then, he mostly fought it till I gave in and let him sleep on the bed. And if he did happen to go to sleep on his bed, he ended up climbing in with me every night. It wasn't so bad since Jeff wasn't there, until he rolled and kicked me to the edge till he had the whole bed...
On Monday morning Kylie and I went for a little bike ride up in the foothills behind Eagle (out off of Horseshoe Bend Rd, North of Floating Feather.) We just did a short loop since she didn't have a lot of time and I didn't have a lot of extra energy, but it was perfect and a lot of fun. It really made me want to get out and go more! It's been way too long since I'd been any kind of mountain biking!
While out in Eagle I drove around to see how some of the areas I frequented during high school had changed. And honestly, I'm not sure that I had ever been in this far corner of this parking lot during high school... weird.
That afternoon when the boys got off work we headed back to Artic Circle for another little indulgence...
Then my parents, Shad, and I took Bo to the park this time to play fetch.
Tuesday morning after my Dad and Shad finished throwing the compost over the fence... (which was hilarious by the way...)
We went down to Garden City to hop on the greenbelt for a bike ride. When we got there though my bike tire was low and when we tried to pump it up the valve broke off the tube. So Shad and I took his trailer for a walk while my dad took my bike to the closest shop to get a new tube.
Once he was back we were on our way! It was fun ride. It'd been forever since I'd been on the green belt too, and I don't think I've ever ridden that far on it! (We rode down to Ann Morrison Park- 6 miles there, 6 miles back.)
That evening Nate and I took Shad to the park again to play at the splash pad. Even though it was kinda late, the sun was going down, and Shad got a little chilly, he didn't want to leave. We let him play till it closed around 9pm.
I think by the end of the week Bo started running out of patience... or at least in this moment. He went to hide from Shad under the computer desk, but Shad found him anyway ha ha!
The drive home went well and we arrived home safe and sound. We really need to invest in a car dvd player!! Thank you mom and dad for everything, especially all the help with Shad. We had a lot of fun, as usual!




















































No comments:
Post a Comment