Saturday, May 19, 2012

Our 4th Anniversary

Four years!   Some days I can't wrap my head around that, and others I can say, "Ya, it's been four years."  Each year of our lives together have been very different... from being students and living in an apartment, to us both working full-time, to buying a house, growing a baby, and being a family of three.  And I can definitely say that all aspects of our marriage- love, intimacy, understanding, communication, etc- have all grown and improved through each and every year.  I love the song, "Then" by Brad Paisley, because that is exactly how I feel about Jeff.   My love for him grows with each and every year and I can't wait to see how much closer and more in love we grow over the next however many years eternity. 

Our anniversary celebrations were pretty low-key this year.  I had Activity Days and Jeff had meetings in Salt Lake so we weren't able to go to lunch like we'd planned, but we still got to go out to dinner child-free (thanks Nikki & Spencer) to Red Lobster and then to run a few errands.   

We'd planned to celebrate further on Saturday by hiking up to Stewart Falls, but we didn't get going soon enough and ran out of daylight and warm air and weren't well enough prepared for a longer hike.  So we decided to walk up to Bridal Veil Falls instead.  

(Please ignore the gross taken-from-too-low double-chin picture... that's the best we could get...)
Afterwards we got shakes and came home to read through our box of "love letters."  It's so fun to go back and read all the notes and thoughts we've written to each other in the past four years. 

Thank you Jeff for putting up with my crap, doing the little things like helping with dinner more often than not and always taking out the trash, still calling me sexy at my worst, and loving me through all the thick and thin.  I love you! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...