Monday, October 10, 2011

We're In Trouble...

We have ourselves a crawler!

And we were lucky enough to catch his first movement on camera!
(October 1, 2011)



He's just been getting faster and more coordinated as the days go by:

(I love when he pauses and has a little freak out moment in the middle.  When he gets excited he does this, coupled with a smile.  So funny...)

Before today he would only crawl slowly to get something he really wanted, and then stayed pretty stationary otherwise.  I would tell people, "He's crawled, but isn't crawling."  But as of today, he has been moving constantly, exploring, and touching every outlet, cord, paper, etc he can see.  He's definitely crawling now!

Any recommendations on baby proofing?  Outlet covers are already on my grocery list...

3 comments:

Leah said...

ahh your mom job gets harder now! I found it was helpful to have one low cubboard or drawer with items that he was allowed to pull out and play with (filled with non breakable kitchen stuff). I always redirected him to that cubboard when he started going for the others. good luck!! He is so cute!

Jessie said...

So cute! The older they get, the more fun they are!

Yup, I agree with Leah. Your job is going to be busier and messier from here on out! I do what she does and I keep the bathroom doors closed. Be sure to keep a sense of humor when he unexpectedly finds something and makes a horrible mess!

Danielle and Trenton said...

He's still too small but the handle cover things are great too, I keep them on the bathroom and pantry, the two places I really don't want my kids to get it to. But one thing that I have found is you will move most things so they can't reach them obviously, but I think at some point they also need to learn that that will stay put they just need to learn not to touch certain things. That can make trips to grandparents and other peoples homes a little easier because they understand the idea that not everything is there for them. :) He is adorable!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...