Thursday, September 29, 2011

Jeff's Birthday

We didn't do a lot for Jeff's Birthday since it was on a Sunday, but I hope he still felt special.  :)

On his actual birthday he got to take a long nap (which I think he probably wanted more than anything else...) as well as a BYU flag and lots of jerky from Shad and I.
 (And we actually exchanged that flag for this one, which he likes better, and is being shipped...)

He even shared his jerky with Shad, whom we discovered LOVES jerky!
 
We then went to Lehi for birthday & 4th Sunday dinner.  

And FINALLY I made him a successful birthday cake!  Our first year he told me he wanted an ice cream cake, and every year I've tried to make him one, and they have all flopped.  One year I tried to frost it and it was a disaster, though the inside tasted alright.  The next year I had way too many layers and flavors, and it just wasn't that great.  This year I kept it simple, which he admitted he prefers, and just did an ice cream roll cake on the bottom, vanilla ice cream, and crumbled Oreos on top.  It was a hit!  (And I failed to get a final shot...)



Happy Birthday My Love, We Love You!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...