Monday, August 10, 2009

Graduation: De Ja Vu?


After graduation when I got the proofs, I debated over whether or not I was going to purchase the professional pictures of me walking across the stage receiving my diploma folder and the traditional in-front-of-the-flags pose. After a little deliberation with my mom and Jeff, I decided it's a once in a lifetime experience, and it was worth it.

After receiving the pictures in the mail a few weeks ago, and then my mom finding the original from my high school graduation recently, I couldn't help but laugh at myself, and then make a post about it.



Yep, that's me.

Besides realizing how much I've darkened my hair (it was blonde then, not reddish, btw...) and how glad I am that I figured out which mousse defines and controls my curls the best, I caught myself thinking about each of these times in my life. I thought, "Do these pictures reflect the achievement of finishing high school, or how much I accomplished in getting a college bachelor's degree? Do I really look 4 1/2 years older and wiser too? I know how much I've learned and grown since highschool. I didn't just learn about the human body, family life, and art history, I learned A LOT about myself, and who I am and want to be. Does this second picture reflect that?"

And then I thought about just how excited and happy I was to be done each time, and the kind of person I've become and am still becoming, and what it means to me just to say I earned a bachelor's degree.

And that was all that mattered.

4 comments:

Tom and B said...

Those pics are hilarious! It's so good that you can look back on your college experience and say "I've grown from this". You've always been an amazing person in my eyes :) BTW I have a wrapped present that's been sitting at my house for a couple weeks now. Maybe I'll send it to you.

Chelsea said...

At least you know you're still true to yourself and your own goofy faces ;)

Congrats!!!

MaShay & Jason said...

How did you make the little collage thing at the top of this? Your blog is great!

Dastrup Family said...

That is awesome! Thank you so much for helping us unload the trailer! It went so fast! Everything was in perfect places so all I had to do was change a few angles! We are so thankful that you guys found us such an awesome place! See you soon! Let me know if you need anything!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...