In high school I was content to just wear simple earring studs. In fact, most of my styles weren't exactly trendy...
Once I got to college dangly earrings became more popular, so I thought I'd try them out. Thanks to my roommate Sam and her extensive collection, I started wearing them every once in a while. I borrowed other roommate's jewelry in the ensuing years and slowly collected a few, and then I was suddenly married and could no longer walk into the next room to borrow stuff.
I've slowly made a collection, enough that a cup no longer sufficed as storage. I found this board in the stuff my neighbors were sending to DI and decided to add a few tacks, and voila! Organized earring board! (As well as other stuff...)

I've never really considered myself girly, but I will say I have a love for dangly earrings!
Once I got to college dangly earrings became more popular, so I thought I'd try them out. Thanks to my roommate Sam and her extensive collection, I started wearing them every once in a while. I borrowed other roommate's jewelry in the ensuing years and slowly collected a few, and then I was suddenly married and could no longer walk into the next room to borrow stuff.
I've slowly made a collection, enough that a cup no longer sufficed as storage. I found this board in the stuff my neighbors were sending to DI and decided to add a few tacks, and voila! Organized earring board! (As well as other stuff...)
I've never really considered myself girly, but I will say I have a love for dangly earrings!




5 comments:
It's good to be a girl. :)
ahahaha, that is so funny! i remember my board of dangly earrings, i loved them! Sadly, I don't where they went. :-( Love the board and love your collection! being a girl has it's perks.
as sad is it is that you couldn't walk into the next room and borrow jewlery, i have to say i am glad to hear jeff didn't have a collection...otherwise i would be worried! :) haha
cute cute cute jewelry! i almost never wear earings. i love them and all but i just simply forget. oh and i have a 1 1/2 year old that will rip them out...and crazy patients at work. haha. so i guess enjoy your cute dangles. once the kids come it is alll over ;)
As I said before. I love your earrings. I love your earring board too. I will have to make me one of those. My collection is growing too quickly.
Cute! I LOVE earings and accessories of all kinds! I love your idea for organization!
Post a Comment