Tuesday, April 21, 2009

SPRING!

I think it's finally here to stay! I couldn't believe my drive to work looked like this last week:


Not okay! In the past I've always enjoyed the season changes, haven't really been anxious for one or the other to come or go, but this year I definitely have spring fever! Maybe it's the fact that our apartment was colder overall this winter than any I've lived in and I'm just done being cold, I don't know but I'm so ready for spring to be here to stay!

And I'm so glad my weekend was full of warmness and sunshine! Sunday afternoon we went with our friends Cody and Jessica to throw frisbees at a park. We were going to go to Utah Lake but they were there to make us pay... so we went across the street to feed the ducks and I fell in love with the little colt! He couldn't have been older than a day or two with how wobbly he was still walking. And he let me pet him, during which he'd just nudge my hand and throw his head around playfully, oh my goodness so dang adorable!!


With the grass turning so green, beautiful horses, mountains blue with snow peaks, this image is so picture perfect to me, and what I want our future ranch to be like!

After petting the colt we went to Jessica's school and played frisbee golf, kinda... There was no actual frisbee golf course, and only one out of the 4 of us had an actual golf frisbee, in fact all 4 frisbee were incredibly different for all being frisbees... but we had fun picking trees and basketball hoops to try to hit. These trees were outside her school, we had to take pictures... as usual...



And some of you may have seen me this weekend, or noticed in this last picture of Jeff and I, but I got my hair cut, quite a bit, and colored darker, and I love it! Well, the color. She didn't layer it right so I have this giant chunk in the back that looks really weird, but it looks fine up or from the front, so I may just wear it up for a month or two till it's a little longer so I feel comfortable cutting it again... ;) It was one of those days when I really wanted it shorter, but was scared to death, and she cut more than I wanted, so I was bugged but glad at the same time? However that works, but for those of you who didn't have the opportunity to grace me with your presence this weekend, here's a picture!


It still looks decently long when it's straight, but it's super short curly... It's cute, and not too much like a bush since she thinned it enough, but that giant chunk looks so retarded... oh well, I love it straight, from the front! That's all I have to see, right? ;) And I finally went as dark as I wanted with the color, and I didn't have to dye it all at once! (Definitely too scared to do that...) I just did an amber/honey blonde color with the dark instead of bleach (hard to see in the pics), so it turned out darker overall... perfect!

Update:
I just realized that for some of you cousins or friends who never see me, my hair doesn't look all that short compared to the average girl, in fact it looks decently long... so I'll post some curly pics sometime in the near future, after this hectic week's over, so you can actually see the difference, since I rarely wore it straight before the cut... :)

8 comments:

Megan said...

i'll admit that is NOT my idea of short lindsey! lol. it looks good though. i don't think i have EVER seen you with dark hair before! crazy. dark hair is good for the summer because the sun comes out and we can get tan woo woo. anyways i just darkened my hair a little too. but not too dark and we splashed some red in it.(i totally just wrote SUM...okay i guess i am in math mode)

love the pic of you guys with the tree and the flowers and the great colors and stuff hehe

Megan said...

Linz, serioulsy, LOVE the haircut! I'm glad you got brave to go shorter, it's so cute!

Aleesha said...

What a cute blog!! You and your man look so good together! :) I love all your fun pics!!

kami said...

lindsey i really like your hair! it looks great!! i love the dark color.

Leah said...

I love your hair Lindsey! The dark really looks great on you! Those trees are so gorgeous, what cute pictures!

Suzannah said...

I love your haircut! Isn't great it's spring. I love all of the blossoms.

Tom and B said...

very cute lindsey!! i love it...it really fits you well. miss you so much

Lindsay said...

Hey I'm glad you found our blog, yours is SO cute too :) Love your new hair it looks really cute! I'm glad you're liking your new job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...