Since my Junior or Senior year of high school I've been collecting jeans to make a big jean blanket. But then came college, a busier social life, mounds of homework and tests, and boyfriends, and I never got the time or desire to make it. Plus I don't own a sewing machine. But since I graduated from BYU in December and had to quit my student job, I haven't been able to find another job, so I've had all kinds of time to do projects. So... I borrowed my mom's sewing machine over Christmas Break and brought it home, and I finished my jean blanket! (8 broken needles later...) But I'd collected so many jeans that I had enough to make 2 massive blankets! One has various patterns mixed in stripes on the back, and one is BYU. And with the extra flannel I made 2 little baby blankets. It's so nice to have them done! And we love using them, they're so big and warm!
















4 comments:
You're amazing!! That's awesome!! I should have you help me finish my big blanket--I have a "cousins quilt" from my dads side of the family, but they tied it and it wasn't finished on the edges, so I need to get it done, but I don't know how.... you're amazing though!!
LOVE IT...
YOU NEED TOO SEE THE ANGIE MADE WITH MY MOTHER..
Way to go! You have accomplished something I've never even done. I am so proud of you!!!
Mom
Dad here. What cute blankies! You are so talented!
Post a Comment