Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Girls Camp Kick-Off

 Two months ago I got called to be GIRLS CAMP DIRECTOR!  I was ecstatic, this is my dream calling!  I can't wait to plan and spend a week with these amazing Young Women!  

The general Youth theme for 2015 is D&C 4:2, "Therefore, oh ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve Him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day."  To go with this scripture, I came up with an army theme for camp this year; the girls will be attending a week of "boot camp" as G.I. JANES, which will stand for, "Girls  Imparting Joy and Never Ending Service."  Each of the four days at camp will focus on the four ways listed in the scripture: heart, might, mind, and strength.  I can't wait!  

Tonight we had camp kick-off.  I hope they're as excited as I am!


YCL's making camo cookies for refreshments.

I did a sound-off chant with the YCLs with changed lyrics that introduced camp, and then the YCLs did their traditional skit that explains what not to do/bring to camp.  

While parents filled out permission slips and wrote letters for their girls to be read at camp, we took all the girls down to do a team-building activity.  

We created a minefield of grenade balloons; the girls were divided into pairs and they had to help their blind partner through the minefield.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...