The boys and I had fun this week making a few patriotic decorations. We started with footprint flags and finger-painted fireworks on Wednesday:
And on Thursday we made a fire-cracker windsock.
That night Shad and I drove up on the mountain to see if we could see many fireworks around the valley. We saw a handful- enough to make Shad happy anyway.
The 4th was on Friday. We went up to Lehi for a BBQ and slip-n-slide!
My awesome new patriotic earrings I was way excited to finally wear!
Once it started getting dark we drove out to where Allen and Crystal live so we could hopefully see the Thanksgiving Point fireworks from there.
"And I'm proud to be an American!
Where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget,
the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
And I gladly stand up,
next to you
and defend her still today.
'Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land!
God bless the USA!"
(My favorite patriotic song, by Lee Greenwood)




























No comments:
Post a Comment