July 24th- 26th
We went up to Fairview Lakes again this year with Amy and Tyler. Alex came as well. The rest of the family wasn't able to come, unfortunately.
The air up there is fresh and cool and there is no cell service... I LOVE IT. It is no nice to get away from the heat and unplug... even when your air mattress has a hole you didn't know about and you end up in a lumpy taco the first night and on the ground the second night... it was still worth it.
I've always been anti- trailer. I never had one growing up; I think I've slept in one once. I always wanted to be "hardcore" and teach our kids what real camping was- in a tent, on the ground, in the dirt... But after those 2 nights I'm starting to re-think my life-long determination... a trailer might be in our future... ;)
The smoke from a nearby wildfire made the sunsets look pretty cool
Our camp
Me and my little buddy in the cute hat my friend Laycie made him
Glow sticks are the greatest invention ever. Hours of fun without constant flashlights in the face, and then they die and we get to throw them out. Perfect.
No flash...
Flash! Amazingly they held still...
This dog is kind of spoiled... but he's such a good dog! He loves to be RIGHT where we are, specifically me...
Breakfast Friday morning
Nea and Tylie wanted me to braid their hair, and since I just came from Girls Camp a few weeks ago, I decided to attempt something to similar to what Amber did for all the girls:
Good enough for camping at least!
We put up a few tarps as a shade-tent... it helped A LOT!
We played some fun games, specifically a new one Alex taught us called "Mormon Bridge"
Few naps...
Lots of playing with cousins
This picture "cracks" me up...
Tyce on left at 5.5 mos, Shad on right in July 2011, also at Fairview Lakes, at almost 4 mos.
Dang we make some cute kids!!!
Later Friday afternoon we went up to the lake to do some fishing.
I think Alex was the only one to catch anything...
Insert sound effects here:
This kid and the color green. If it's green, he loves it.
Saturday morning Jeff and I took a ride up on top of the mountain, by ourselves!
It's amazing how refreshing the wind in your face, a little adrenaline, gorgeous views, and no kids can be!
And of course Jeff had to tap into the boy within and attempt to knock over this dead tree... but with no luck.
While we were gone Amy entertained Tyce with this flower till he fell asleep... little cutie.
After lunch I took Shad and Ren on a shorter ride. I really think this dog likes to run! Or he is just really afraid of me leaving him...
Another couple pictures of our camp from Ty's phone:
This buck was hanging out under a vacant cabin. We actually saw a lot of deer up there!
By the time we were packing up Ren was definitely ready to go...
We went to Lehi for dinner the next day (Sunday) and had to snap a picture of the evidence left on these two 3 year olds from lots of fun in the mountains!







































































No comments:
Post a Comment