Sunday, October 13, 2013

Hit and Run 5K

 Even though Jeff and I had free entries due to being awesome (ok, we've helped/ volunteered a few times and we're close friends...) we didn't end up running the actual race due to my belly and it's safety and Jeff's still leery of his knee.  But we still drove up to the fairgrounds to see and be apart of the big day!

At first we just wandered around to see the way they'd set up the course... 




And when we got to the "Slippery Slopes" the volunteer chick that was up on the platform was having issues with the foam.  She said it was broken or something... I don't really think she knew what she was doing.  So Jeff climbed up there and basically took over.  He discovered her bucket of soap was empty, which was the main problem, and then he and Josh (Jason's cousin) got it running well.  Unfortunately for Jeff, he ended up staying up there for the next hour or two till the end of the race!  Poor guy.  But I'm sure he helped keep the quality of the race higher since this obstacle wouldn't be near as fun without foam...

Shad and I hung out at first, thinking it'd be temporary, and then we wandered around and came back.  He really had fun picking up and stomping on all the foam.




 This is the finish line where they were taking team pictures.  I had to snap one of Shad at least... 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...