Jeff's birthday fell on a Wednesday this year. I decided to get his bike tuned this year. I found a guy in American Fork who has been fixing bikes for 30 or so years and has a small business that he conducts out of a storage shed. I was a little leary at first about taking our bikes to some guy at a storage shed, but I was up in Lehi sewing our race shirts (for our relay this weekend) so Jared went with me to meet the guy and drop our bikes off. He only charged $20 bucks per bike for a full-tune up. He even gave us a list of things that would need to be worked on in the future/ parts that were on their way out.
It was hard to hide the fact that both our bikes were missing from the garage Monday night so Tuesday he got his present early and got to help pull the bikes out of my car and ride his around. He reminded me that we have had it tuned twice before, but to no avail. He was shocked and so excited that it was actually fixed this time! He said it's never felt so smooth! Which of course made me super happy and glad that I decided to go with this guy! (His name/ company is Harold Smith Bike Repair out of American Fork... I would definitely recommend him!)
My original plan was to email Jeff's boss and surprise him with a half a day off and a bike ride on a nearby trail, followed by dinner at Madeline's Steak House in Sandy, where I discovered they do all-you-can-eat crab on Wednesdays. Perfect!
Well, I accidentally typed Scott's email wrong (Jeff's boss) but the email didn't come back as failed, so I didn't know that he never got it. So I ended up telling Jeff my grand plan Tuesday evening after he tried out his bike. As it turned out, Wednesday was really cold, windy, and rainy, so we bagged the biking idea, but he still wanted to go to Madeline's Steak House, and then wander around Scheels afterwards. Jeff's mom watched Shad for us so we could enjoy lunch in peace! :)
We stopped in Lehi to pick up the suburban because I needed it Saturday for the relay race I'm running in, and we ended up chatting for a while about the updates they're doing to their storage room and trying to get the old Chevy to start. Shad was actually in Provo now with Nikki so she and Spencer just headed to our house to have cake with us instead of us picking him up at their apartment.
I also thought I'd include a few pictures of Jeff's office that his employees decorated for him. He really does work with a great group of people!











No comments:
Post a Comment