About a week before his birthday he started saying a lot of 2 word phrases. He does it more and more now, almost consistently. It started with "daddy woook". It is really fun to watch him try to formulate it in his head, and then to hear what he came up with come out of his mouth. Sometimes he has to try a phrase a few times before he knows he said the words right. Funny and so cute.
He doesn't have any problem sleeping through the night, unless he's sick. He still sleeps 10-12 hours a night, and still takes one nap during the day. It is not very consistent though... It ranges from 1 hour to 3 hours, depending on how tired he is. It also depends on whether we put him to bed on time or down for his nap on time. We try to put him down around 1-1:30pm for a nap, and 9pm for bed.
He is eating really well. We're trying to get better at giving him what we're having for dinner, and so far he does pretty well with it. He likes meat, bananas (with peanut butter), applesauce, waffles with butter or peanut butter, toast with pb and nutella, apples, chicken nuggets sometimes, frozen yogurt (like go-gurts in the freezer), chocolate milk, black beans, cheese, tortillas sometimes, cereal, granola, olives, pineapple, pears, peaches, most crackers, raw broccoli (at least the other day he loved it...) etc. Those are his staples, anyway. I feel like he likes a good variety for his age.
Just before his birthday we got him off of bottles, finally! I just snapped one day and decided I was done washing bottles. I bought him a sippy cup that locks so we can take it with us when we go places and it won't spill as much. He was really upset about that at first. He'd throw fits and refuse the sippy. We stuck with it though. It was slow progress at first, he'd just drink little bits here and there, but after about 1 1/2 to 2 weeks he started drinking all of the milk without any fuss. It's been so nice!
He loves running, jumping, trains, tractors, cars, nursery, snacks, riding in the stroller or bike trailer, etc. He is getting so much of a little personality and opinion about everything! He loves to do things himself. He also has an opinion about who should change his diaper, brush his teeth, get his food, read a book, etc. He is so much fun!
I took a few 2 year pictures a little after his birthday. Some are a little over exposed but he's too cute not to post them anyway.
The rest of these are a completely random collaboration of pictures we've taken of him, mostly on our phones, from the past few months. I had a hard time cutting it down to a few, so here comes picture overload.
Helping Dad fix the sink. He is at a very curious stage. He has to see and help with everything, and he likes seeing how things work.
Making faces in the car
He is finally enjoying coloring and drawing, though he still likes to flip through and color on every page.
Few festive fall pictures with our front porch
Still a climber, even in Mom's shoes
Making messes and getting into EVERYTHING. He can know reach the measuring cups and knows where the flour is...
Still loves pushing the buttons and watching the water and bubbles start in the washer
It's amazing how much kids watch you and pick up on what you're doing. He knows where my nail polish bag is and what the clippers are for...
He loves to give anything a ride on his mower- blankets, horses, Mickey, etc
Playing horses with Dad with the horse and stable that was mine as a kid and the fence and barn thing that were Jeff's as a kid
Little thug
He is really loving the playset in our backyard. We have to keep the ladder and slide on the ground when we're not out there with him because he can open both our front and back door now, and will wander around the yard playing with the hose or climbing the playset!
Pushing letters in the crack
First and only time he's ridden in the big car grocery cart. He did really liked it though...
And hanging out at Costco. It works really well when we have something for him to sit on and he has a snack. Brilliant.
Thanks to his uncles when we were out of town, this happened:
Stuck in his crib:
Snuggling with Mom:
Sprawled out and comfy.
Making messes with yogurt
Showing off his huge lips he got from Dad:
Mom's sad attempt to join in:
Hanging out at Scheels:
Haircut!
Lunch with Tanner in Salt Lake
Morning faces:
This kid (okay both of them) LOVE popcorn. Shad still get so excited and always wants to help Jeff make it.
Goofy:
Daredevil:
Helping make waffles. He LOVES waffles. Both the traditional buttermilk kind and my whole grain healthier kind.
He had a lot of fun stacking and unstacking these cans until we took them down to our food storage
Messy messy
We went through a phase where we bought and ate a lot of pomegranates. Shad loved them too.
Bath time!
Dead asleep:
Cheeser:
Found his pockets:
Cute little face:
Little big maybe?
5 o'clock shadow:
We spent a lot of mornings watching for deer out the window. I love when he's in a sweet mood.
Wrapping his leg like Dad does everyday.
Helping dad cook:
Getting his head stuck:
Helping Jared fix the vacuum:
Found all his binks:
Hide and seek:
This picture is really blurry but I had to include cause he actually hid there all on his own. The light was off so it turned out to be a pretty good spot!
I just loved his little pose, with his feet crossed and hand on hip. We found him like this watching the fish.
He got a nasty cold the beginning of February. The poor guy had a fever and was just miserable. Luckily it didn't last more than a day or two. It was kinda weird. But I couldn't resist his cute puffy-eyed pictures.
He never just chills on his blanket and rarely cuddles with mom.
Poor guy
Propped up in his bed so he could sleep:
Tanner moved in with us for a few months. Shad loved having him around!
Another haircut:
I was trying to catch some pictures of his eyelashes. Some days they look longer and curlier than others, and I'm a sucker for long, dark, and curly...
Valentine's card from Grandma Wright
Trying to be just like Dad
Watching his show on the computer while I do my workout video on the TV
He's not old enough to understand the game but I loved the chance to watch him play with this game my Grandpa Wright made and to think about him for a while that day.
He was so cute, feeding sharing his snacks with his little friends...
And then his boy-ness came out and he started shoving their faces in the cup instead...
I took this picture because I have one similar of me when I was close to this age. I was going to post them side by side but I couldn't find it. I'll have to track it down and add it... Either way, it's super cute.
More sleeping:
He wanted me to take one of him and then for him to take one of me:
"Helping" me shovel the driveway. I love his jeans-in-boots look.
More playing outside
He's been in and out of a Mickey Mouse phase, where he wants Mickey to be apart of everything and help put his laundry in the basket. He even wanted Mickey to have a diaper too.
We got these bath crayons and he has loved them. They're kinda fun for mom and dad too...
Sharing a smoothie with Mom
Taking the wagon for a walk:
Doing Pilates with Mom. He is really good at doing the different moves. He will also join in when I go to Zumba. It's so funny, and adorable, and awesome.
Shad got a black eye from falling off the tall barstool and then having it fall and hit his cheek. It was super puffy and red at first and then he just had a little bruise for a while. At least he looks happy about it, minus this first one when the flash went off while he was sleeping...
New nightstand:
Dinner with cousins:
We loved these train tracks we put up for his birthday party. I wish we could've left them there permanently. Every once in a while he'll still go "hoo hoo tacks" and walk around or push something around the kitchen. They left an impact- he still remembers them!
Watching Cars and eating raisins:
Every Sunday for a few weeks in a row he would collect all the books and line them up to make a road for his car... Maybe I shouldn't be taking pictures during church, but it was too cute:
Playing with Xander, Seline, and Aspen next door:
Lifting weights with Dad:
Finishing granola and licking beaters with Dad:
He loves to try and pump up the tires and gets mad when I'm really trying to do it and I don't let him do it...
Helping Dad cook:
"Reading" to himself!
Little burrito! Who says he's too big to be swaddled? He always wants us to wrap him up like this before we get him dressed after a bath.
Hanging out:
Drawing with Tyler:
He's gotten really good at "relaxing" on command. In this first picture he was quiet the whole way home and when we pulled in the garage and looked back, he was wide awake, totally happy, and just chillin.
Making faces:
And then zonking out a minute later:
These carts are brilliant!
Lifting weights again:
Lovin on Ralphie:
FINALLY accepting his sippy cup over his bottle!
Vacuuming with Mom:
Dad's little buddy.
(In my old Coldstone aprons.)

























































































































































































No comments:
Post a Comment