Thursday, April 4, 2013

Lunch with Bridgette, Shriner's Hospital, and Lindsey Gardens

On Monday Shad and I went up to Salt Lake to have lunch with Bridgette and to go to Shriner's Hospital for a doctor's appointment for his thumb.

We had lunch at Chili's.  I love that we have stayed so close over the years and still make the effort to get together now and then.  


I love this one, and the look that Paisley has on her face from Shad leaning in for a hug:


After lunch Shad and I headed up to Shriner's Hospital to meet with Dr. Douglas Hutchinson.  He is the doctor that Matt recommended to us, as he has worked with him a little in medical school and he also performed Ian's hand surgery when he had his extra thumb removed.  

I liked him in general, but I was kind of frustrated, as he told us almost the opposite what Dr. Frazier told us a few months ago at Central Utah Clinic.  Dr. Frazier basically said it'd be better to get Shad's congenital trigger thumbs taken care of soon, before he turns 3 years old, and Dr. Hutchinson said that they prefer to wait till they are at least 3, and there is no rush at that point unless it is bothering him.  So I left feeling frustrated and confused.  I guess I need to do some research... 

We stopped at a park just down the hill from the hospital so I could let Shad play for a few minutes, but mostly because the park has an AWESOME name.  How could I not stop?








No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...