My parents came into town this past weekend for my cousin Elise's wedding. They came down Thursday so they could spend a day or two with us before having to go back Saturday night. Unfortunately, my dad had to teach on Sunday so they weren't able to stay for Easter. We still had a fun few days with them. I am just now realizing that I didn't take a single picture of them spending time with us at our house...
I do have a few from the 5k my dad and I ran Saturday morning though.
The race was at UVU and was a fundraiser for an Exercise Science professor who had recently suffered a medical emergency and had been in and out of medically induced and natural comas. He was also a cousin of Jason and MaShay. Because he was a professor the university and Exercise Science dept put the race on THROUGH the halls of UVU campus. It was unique, running up and down hallways, in and out of buildings, on carpet, grass, tile, and concrete. This was the route:
We made two large loops around campus, and then one small loop to make 3.1 miles. This map may not be exact, since my gps wouldn't work inside the buildings. But it's pretty dang close...
It was a fun race. We saw MaShay and Ceci there as well. I'm glad I finally got to run a race with my dad!
That afternoon we headed up to Draper for Elise and Matt's wedding luncheon. It turned out to be more than a luncheon... it was more like a nice reception! I love fancy dinners... We shared a table with my parents, Sue and Roy, and Dan and Brenda. I also sat and chatted with Rachel and Ben a bit too.
They had a soup and salad bar, wedding video on the wall, the cut a cake, did a bouquet/garter toss, etc. Then as they were leaving they have everyone blow bubbles after them. I was terrible at take pictures... Shad loved blowing bubbles though!
After the luncheon my parents headed home to Boise and Jeff and I stopped to visit Brea, Tom, and baby Luke in Murray at the hospital before they headed home. (See previous post...)
Congrats Elise and Matt!









No comments:
Post a Comment