I'm so grateful for the willing sacrifice of our brother, Jesus Christ. I had a good reminder this week as I taught a few object lessons to my activity day girls.
First I gave them boxes of really expired cake mix and had them throw the mix all over our garden. Once they were finished, I told them to pick it all up- every little speck of white. When they said they couldn't, I reminded them about our lives, and how we can't fix all of our mistakes on our own, but with the help of our Savior, we can be forgiven.
I then had them each pick an Easter egg from this carton, open it, and read the corresponding scripture. They had to figure out what the object inside had to do with Easter. I enjoyed planning it and reading all the scriptures, as it forced me to reflect on the crucifixion and resurrection of our Savior.
1. MATTHEW 26: 14-16 (3 dimes)
2. MATTHEW 26:26-28 (cracker or piece of bread)
3. MATTHEW 26: 36-37, 39, 42, 44 (sacrament cup)
4. MATTHEW 27:1-2 (piece of string/ twine/ rope)
5. MATTHEW 27:22-24 (piece of soap)
6. MARK 15:16-19 (swatch of purple cloth)
7. LUKE 23:26-27, 33 (a nail)
8. LUKE 23:34 (toothpicks or dice, red piece of
fabric)
9. MATTHEW 27:50-51, 54 (bag of crushed rocks and
dirt)
10. LUKE 23:50-53, MATTHEW 27:60 (strips of white
cloth or gauze)
11. MARK 16:1-4 (bag of sweet spices, perfectly
round rock)
12. MARK 16:5-6 (empty)
Our neighbors also brought over a little Easter treat, called "Resurrection Rolls." It was also a great object lesson. You take marshmallows, which represent the Savior's body, dip them in butter and cinnamon and sugar, which represent the oils and spices used to anoint and preserve His body, and then wrap them in a crescent roll, which represents the tomb. You bake them, and when you take them out and break them apart, the marshmallow is gone, representing Christ's resurrection. Such a fun, cute idea.
I think this is one of the only times of year I like having early church, as it gives us a chance to start our Easter Sunday off right.
I love any chance to match for church:
Shad's basket:
This was his face when he discovered his basket after church on the couch:
I love the innocent and humble excitement of a small child!
Blowing, or more waving, bubbles with dad:
After blowing bubbles we put Shad down for his nap and had tri-tip steak, mashed potatoes, and asparagus for dinner, while watching Easter Dream... Don't worry, Shad got some later. ;)
After his nap we took Shad out to find Easter eggs. Thank goodness he's still young enough to get excited about finding empty eggs...
We finished off the evening drawing on the sidewalk.
Happy Easter!










2 comments:
I love this post! SO cute! I love the new suit too! What a dapper little guy!
You are such a cute Mom. What fun Shad had. And you have your priorities right. Way to go.
Post a Comment