Ever since I ran the Ragnar in Las Vegas a few weeks ago, my knee has been giving me trouble. Initially it was pretty sore, but after a week or so of rest it was feeling a lot better. I decided to go for a bike ride the second week after the race, thinking that'd be easier on my knee, but my knee got sore again about halfway through my ride. It stayed sore for another couple of days. I waited another week before trying it again, this time riding with Jessica...
But the same thing happened with my knee. After talking to my cousin Jaron (who is an orthopedic surgeon) I decided to take it even easier and try some non-resistance activities. This past week (the 4th week post-Ragnar) Jess borrowed a pool key and we went over to the complex across the street from her house. I've never been a swimmer and I don't think I've ever intentionally swam a lap, but I enjoyed swimming laps there more than I thought I would. And though I could feel a slight pain in my knee while swimming, it didn't hurt after like it did after biking!
So Jess and I went again today and I loved it again! We traded off holding/watching kids and swimming laps. I was able to swim for 30 minutes almost consistently and actually felt like I got a decent workout. Maybe indoor swimming will have to become my new winter activity!
The pool is a little on the cooler side, so after about 20-30 minutes the kids started getting cold and were ready to get out. So both times Jess swam first while I played in the pool with them and then when we switched she took them over to the hot tub to put their feet in and warm up.
They also have this shower stall there next to the hot tub, and of course Shad loved standing in the warm water. He still LOVES baths and showers at home- pretty much any water. I love this picture of his little tiny butt naked self standing in this huge shower and couldn't resist posting it... At least I edited it a bit for public viewing:











No comments:
Post a Comment