I absolutely cannot believe that our baby is ONE! The year went so fast. Yet when I think of all we've been through in the last year, I realize it has been a lot. Crazy how time works.
I'm working on his big one year post with progressions and stats, but I wanted to post pictures of his first birthday and first birthday party.
His actual birthday was on Friday, March 16th, but we decided to have a party with family and friends on Saturday.
His actual birthday was pretty low-key. Here is a birthday picture first thing in the morning:
During the day Shad and I just read books, played outside a little, and went about our normal routine. That evening we ran a few errands, got dinner to-go, and enjoyed it at home together.
Jeff also taught him how to rock climb on his birthday... which he loved!
And I have to point out the "1" onesie I made the night before. I found a plain onesie he was close to growing out of and matching fabric and bam! Birthday outfit! (And amazingly it stayed clean enough that we could wear it Saturday too!)
Afterwards we let him have a piece of oreo pie with a "1" candle on it.
He didn't know what to think of it at first. He just kinda poked it and looked at us for a reaction. But after a few minutes he got a little more interested and got it all over his hands, tray, and belly. He hardly ate any of it but he enjoyed the few minutes of playing in it.
Eating a pretzel dipped in Oreo... yum...
We decided that since he didn't know any better we'd let him open his presents on Saturday at his party. But here he is on his birthday finding a present on the doorstep!
On Saturday his party was supposed to start at 4:30pm, but between a few guests coming late and a few mix-ups, we didn't end up eating till almost 6pm. But it all worked out well in the end!
Those who were able to come were my Grandparents, Jeff's parents, Rick &; Marnae (and Marnae's nephew they were babysitting,) Nikki & Spencer, Tyler, Jared, and our friends MaShay, Jason, and Hank. (We also invited the rest of Jeff's family, my family, and a few other close friends but none were able to make it.) We grilled homemade hamburgers, brawts, had corn avacado black bean salsa, fruit salad, and then peanut butter bars and ice cream later after presents.
Those who were able to come were my Grandparents, Jeff's parents, Rick &; Marnae (and Marnae's nephew they were babysitting,) Nikki & Spencer, Tyler, Jared, and our friends MaShay, Jason, and Hank. (We also invited the rest of Jeff's family, my family, and a few other close friends but none were able to make it.) We grilled homemade hamburgers, brawts, had corn avacado black bean salsa, fruit salad, and then peanut butter bars and ice cream later after presents.
He did much better with opening presents than he did on Christmas. He liked pulling the tissue paper out of bags and seeing what was underneath, especially when he could see colors and could tell there was something there. He also did better with tearing wrapping paper. He was excited at first, but then lost interest in more presents and just wanted to play with what was already opened.
I love all his faces. I couldn't see them most of the time, but I was told he made this open-mouthed excited face every time! So cute.
Don't be fooled. He looks so adorably, genuinely interested in the card... but let's be honest. His interest in cards lasted all of 2 seconds... ;) He got some really cute cards though! Thanks Aunt Diane, G&G, Nate, Tanner, and Nana!
He was spoiled with a toy lawn mower, Nerf balls, pool balls, a echo microphone, 3 pairs of shoes, Suzy Zoo book, sand box toys, Silly Songs CD, Seven Peaks swim passes (Okay for Mom & Dad so we can take him...,) bubbles, toy Jeep that talks and propels itself on hard surfaces, and a few cards with a few dollars.
He definitely made a haul! Thank you to all who came to celebrate with us, and for those who brought/ mailed gifts!
The big gift that I had been working on for him was a Quiet Book. I had no idea how much work they are! I'm amazed that I finished it in time for his birthday, especially since I started it just 2-3 weeks before... (I'll post all the pages in a separate post for those interested in seeing them!)
Happy Birthday to our adorable, crazy out-going, strong, beautiful baby boy! We love you SO much!












2 comments:
Wow, I cannot believe he is 1 either! It seems like yesterday I got a text announcing his birth. Happy birthday shad!!
Great post! Linds!!!
Post a Comment