Saturday evening Jeff, Shad and I were able to go up to the Festival of Trees with Cody and Jessica. First we stopped at Chipotle for dinner, which wouldn't have been complete without Shad filling his diaper and having a fun trip to the bathroom without a changing table. You should have seen Jeff, Jess, and I trying to change his diaper while he squirmed, all while running out of wipes and trying to keep any part of him from touching the gross bathroom floor. Oh the adventures...
Anyway, we finally made it to the Expo Center and luckily had just enough time to see most everything before closing.
I love going and seeing all the creative and extravagant trees, and getting ideas for future decorating and Christmas crafts. :) Here are a few of my favorites:
I loved the blue, teal, white, and silver color scheme. I just may have to do my tree this way someday...
Pirate Tree:
This one was pretty extravagant, but I think I actually like how much stuff is on it. Maybe because it all goes together so well. And I liked the BELIEVE blocks:
Moab tree:
One of many awesome western/cowboy trees:
Pretty and elegant:
Up!
Cozy cowboy fireplace:
Just liked this one:
Creative book tree!
And of course, a Tangled gingerbread house:
Then Sunday afternoon was Jeff's family's annual Gingerbread House building! I really enjoy this tradition...
Alex: (he was in a hurry to go back to Ephraim so he didn't get a chance to really get creative or into it this year...)
Nikki and Spencer's Red Barn:
Jared:
Rick and Marnae's Covered Wagon, complete with ox and a "Joshua Tree" (or just a way to hoard Reese's...)
Tyler's suspension bridge:
And Jeff and My White Trash Trailer, complete with truck on cinder blocks, rickety porch, propane tank on the side, crooked screen door, etc.
Amy and Ty didn't make it for the main building, but Tiff couldn't go home without at least a gingerbread block:
The night wouldn't have been complete without a couple silly girls posing...
Look how flexible she is!
Practicing their balance and steps. It won't be long and these two will be walking!


















2 comments:
Love the creativity. Everyone takes a different angle. Awesome!
I love all the pictures of the Festival. Thanks for posting. And I love reading your blog.
Post a Comment